Aims/priorities: Community groups across the UK are being invited to apply for funding for local projects that matter to them.
The Tesco Community Grant scheme will award grants to charities and community organisations to fund local good causes whose focus is on supporting children and families.
Originally launched in 2016 as Bags of Help the scheme has supported over 36,000 community groups with more than £86million in grants since 2016, including 2,000 sports teams and 1,400 groups supporting vulnerable older people.
Examples of eligible applications could be;
- a local school needing food for a children’s breakfast club,
- a voluntary organisation working with families to run holiday clubs,
- a charity supporting young people with specialist advice to manage mental health,
- a brownie or scout group needing new tents,
- or a youth sports club needing new equipment,
- a family advice centre wanting to recruit more volunteers,
- or a local friends of a park group wanting to develop a new toddler area.
Other local good causes supporting children and young people will also be considered.
Who can apply? Voluntary/community organisations, registered charities, schools, health bodies, Parish/Town councils, social enterprises, Community Interest Companies, community councils, local authorities and social housing organisations
Grant amount: Funding pots of £500, £1000 and £1500 will be available for projects and Tesco customers will be able to choose which project receives the most funding by voting in store every time they shop.
Application process: Eligibility quiz followed by online application form
Contact information: Email: email@example.com
Website address: https://tescocommunitygrants.org.uk/apply-for-a-grant/