We run a range of projects that support community wellbeing:
Action Together Community Teams - Community Focused, Community Based
Our Community Teams are based in venues across Oldham, Rochdale and Tameside every week. Drop in and speak to one of our team about:
- Local volunteering
- Funding for your ideas
- Making connections in the community
- Support for your community group
- Community wellbeing
Find out when we're at a venue near you:
- Oldham Community Team - Alexandra, Chadderton, Coldhurst, Crompton, Failsworth, Hollinwood, Medlock Vale, Royton, Saddleworth, Shaw, St Mary’s, St James, Waterhead and Werneth.
- Rochdale Community Team - Rochdale, Heywood, Middleton and Pennines, which includes Littleborough.
- Tameside Community Team - Ashton-under-Lyne, Audenshaw, Denton, Dukinfield, Droyslden, Hyde, Longdendale, Mossley and Stalybridge.
Healthwatch Oldham and Healthwatch Tameside
Healthwatch Oldham and Healthwatch Tameside are the health and social care consumer champions, supporting people to access the health and care support they need, to understand how health and care services are working for people and support people to make an NHS complaint when things haven't gone well. Click here to find out more about Healthwatch Oldham and Healthwatch Tameside.
Oldham Social Prescribing
Connecting you to community groups, activities and organisations that could support you to improve your health, wellbeing and social connections. Click here to find out more.
Tameside Community Wellbeing Programme
The Community Wellbeing programme aims to support people to improve their wellbeing and reduce pressure on NHS and social care services by:
- Providing a Social Prescribing Service that links people with long term health conditions to Voluntary, Community, Faith and Social Enterprise groups when their support need is not medical in nature,
- Asset Based Community Development, working with local communities accross Tameside to identify people's priorities, and support them to make a difference in the place they live,
- VCFSE Investment Programme; to support VCFSE groups to deliver activities and projects that cointribute to the elements of the Programme.
Click here to find out about Tameside's Community Wellbeing Programme.
Miles of Smiles
Our Tameside community transport scheme that helps people get to appointments that support their Wellbeing. Click here to find out out more about Miles of Smiles.