Oldham Social Prescribing connects you to community groups, activities and organisations that could support you to improve your health, wellbeing and social connections.
Who is it for?
Social Prescribing is available for people who live in Oldham Borough and are experiencing things like:
- Loneliness and isolation
- Loss of confidence
- Anxiety or low mood
- Life changing events such as bereavement, having a baby, or retirement
- Living with long term health conditions
- Challenges with finances, work, relationships or housing
What are the benefits?
- Improve mental and physical health
- Meet new people
- Get involved in new community activities
- Increase self esteem
- Access work, training and volunteering
How much does it cost?
Social Prescribing in Oldham is free to access for all.
Meet the team
Our Social Prescribing team is committed to working with people to help them take control of their health and wellbeing and improve their quality of life. Our team has extensive knowledge of what’s happening locally in Oldham and beyond. You can find out more about our team and what area of Oldham they work in here:
How do I get involved?
Contact our Oldham Social Prescribing team:
- By phone: 0161 339 2345, then Option 1 (Monday - Friday, 9am - 4pm)
- By email: email@example.com
- Or, by completing our self-referral form.
If you are referring a client, patient or a person you are working with, please use your Elemental digital social prescribing platform.
If you don't have access to Elemental, please contact us by phone on 0161 339 2345 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens next?
A member the Oldham Social Prescribing team will contact you within two weeks to start your journey to improving your health, wellbeing and social connections.
Your social prescriber will get to know you, find out your interests and the challenges you want to overcome.
Together you will set goals that are important to you.
Your social prescriber will support you to gain confidence, make community connections and access local services and activities that will help you achieve your goals.
Did you know?
There are more than 500 community groups and networks in Oldham delivering almost 1,000 activities, sessions, meetings and events!
These groups focus on supporting local people and the community. They range from grassroots groups to large charities. There's a huge range of activities and services including things like:
- coffee mornings
- walking clubs
- gardening groups
- photography, arts and crafts, and performing arts groups
- sport and physical activity groups
- debt support and counselling
- social groups
To find out more call 0161 339 2345 or email email@example.com
Our Privacy Notice for Social Prescribing is available here.