Action Together hosts a range of networks to strength voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise organisations in Tameside:
Tameside Poverty Action Group Tameside Voluntary Sector Influencing Group Tameside Asylum Seeker and Refugee Network Tameside Diversity Network Community Explorers Tameside
The Poverty Action Group (PAG) is a place for Voluntary, Community, Faith and Social Enterprise (VCFSE) groups and partners to work collaboratively on issues we feel will help to alleviate poverty in Tameside.
The PAG will aim to meet quarterly to:
- Share information
- Share intelligence of what is really happening for people
- Identify areas where collective action is needed and work on solutions
- Link in to appropriate statutory bodies and in order to highlight issues, look for solutions in partnership and have an impact
- Link in with Greater Manchester organisations that are tackling poverty in order to gain a broader perspective and learn about possible solutions
We have agreed that the work we undertake has to be manageable, and so we will work on a few key priorities, rather than try to tackle everything at once.
Our Poverty Action Group meetings are currently being held online and below are the dates for the year:
To find out more about our Poverty Action Group work, or to be added to the mailing list and to receive the information to join the meetings, please contact Dawn Acton Email: email@example.com or Tel: 0161 339 2345.
The Voluntary Sector Influencing Group Meetings is a space where third sector leaders work together in partnership to improve the strategic representation and influence for the voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise sector.
For information about the next meetings see information below:
Our meetings are currently being held on Zoom. To be added to the mailing list and to receive the information to join the meetings, please contact Dawn Acton firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tameside Asylum Seeker and Refugee Network brings together organisations and services who support asylum seekers and refugees.
Our aim is to provide a more joined up support service for asylum seekers and refugees who are living in Tameside to enable them to be part of the community, get the support they need and access services.
Our meetings are currently being held on Microsoft Teams. To be added to the mailing list and to receive the information to join the meetings, please contact Dawn Acton email@example.com
- Tuesday 6 April, 10am – 11.30am
- Thursday 24 June, 10am – 11.30am
- Tuesday 14 September, 10am – 11.30am
- Wednesday 1 December, 10.30am – 12pm
The Tameside Diversity Network brings together organisations and community leaders who support and work with ethnic minorties in Tameside.
The aim of the network is to:
- Share information and intelligence
- Identify issues and barriers that affect ethnic minorities in Tameside and work together and with others to find solutions to these
- Support representives from ethnic minority communities to be more involved and have a voice in Tameside and Greater Manchester
- Link in with Greater Manchester organisations that have similar aims in order to gain a broader perspective and learn about possible solutions
- Monday 22 March, 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Thursday 20 May, 10am – 12pm
- Monday 26 July, 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Wednesday 6 October, 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Tuesday 7 December, 10.30am – 12.30pm
Please contact Dawn Acton to find out more about the network and to get more details on how to get involved. firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of these gatherings is to enable voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise (VCFSE) sector groups and organisations within local communities to network with each other to enable them to find out what each other are doing, what else is happening in your area and how Action Together can support you. Click here to find out about community explorers in Tameside. For more information please contact Dawn Acton on Email email@example.com or Tel: 0161 339 2345.