Aims/priorities: This funding is available for Rochdale Borough groups who are working towards reopening their place of worship/multipurpose community building and ensuring they can do so safely and following all of the recent government guidelines which have been released.
The fund is to help to ensure that places of worship are maintained to a level which is Covid-safe. This could help with additional cleaning, equipment, signage and collection of personal data.
Your application must show that your project meets one or more of the below criteria to apply for this fund:
· Making the place of worship/multipurpose community building safe.
This could include help with risk assessments, additional cleaning, equipment, signage and setting up systems to collect personal data to support the NHS Test and Trace service.
· Engaging your community to raise awareness of the risk and symptoms of Coronavirus
This could include holding community engagement events/online webinars. Furthermore, overcoming barriers with those that may be harder to engage through traditional channels and ensuring that they are aware of the local and national guidelines on how to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus
· Providing support in multiple languages
-This could include educating the wider community on how to stay Covid-safe in their household, community or work place
· Training volunteers
- to work with the local authority and public health to deliver outreach activities and educate the wider community and sign posting them to the appropriate support (e.g. how to get tested if a person develops Covid-19 symptoms)
- to engage with their community and identify risks and vulnerabilities which could have a detrimental impact on a family or community (e.g. unemployment, welfare support, mental health, dependencies, domestic abuse and other safeguarding vulnerabilities)
Who can apply? This funding is available for Rochdale Borough faith groups who are working towards reopening their place of worship and/or organisations reopening multipurpose community buildings. If a collective of places of worship/ community buildings would like to apply together for an amount above £1000 please contact email@example.com prior to applying, for an initial conversation.
Amount: Grants of up to £1,000 are available
Please return all completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org