Aims/Priorities: Hate crime is significantly under-reported. Even in difficult times, continued efforts by local groups and organisations are needed to raise awareness of and challenge hate crime in our communities and to help instil confidence in victims by highlighting how and where hate crime incidents can be reported.
The main aims of these grants are to:
- Raise awareness of what Hate Crime is.
- Increase the reporting of Hate Crime.
Organisations must engage local people beyond their existing membership networks and should be:
- Hold an awareness raising activity that can help become the catalyst for further conversations or
- Delivering a longer-term project to help local people find out more about hate crime.
- Helping to change/challenge the behaviours, narratives and perceptions of Hate Crime
- Highlight the support of third-party reporting centres and encouraging more victims to report hate crimes to either the Police or third-party reporting centres across the Borough
Applications submitted to this programme must fit with the government’s coronavirus social-distancing measures and include careful consideration of the safety both of those delivering the activity and its intended audience.
Priority will be given to innovative projects which show an awareness of more than one strand of hate crime and projects which can show a tangible product at the end that can then be re-used e.g. hate crime awareness resources such as posters, film clips, music, artwork, presentation materials and research documents and findings etc.
Who can apply? Open to VCFSE groups. To be eligible a group must be a member of Action Together CIO (becoming a member is simple, free and support is available to help you). If you are not a member, please complete an online membership form before submitting your application. You must be based in Tameside and engaging with local people beyond their existing membership networks.
Grant amount: Up to £1,000 per project is available.
Deadline: Thursday 1 April 21 (23:59). Decisions to be made by Monday 12 April 21.
Contact information: For further information or support please contact the Tameside Community Development Team - Tel 0161 3392345, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Website address: Hate Crime (tameside.gov.uk)