1. Our Membership Offer
Action Together is a member based organisation that supports community action in Oldham and Tameside by promoting the interests of the voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise (VCFSE) sector.
Our ambition is to work with all the 2,398 organisations in the VCFSE sector in Oldham and Tameside.
We advocate on the valuable areas of work that the sector contributes to and help to gather evidence to show how important it is.
By joining Action Together, you can bring real benefits to the whole VCFSE sector, supporting us to reflect the diverse communities in Oldham and Tameside, demonstrating the strength of the sector to other bodies, and help to develop collaborative working.
In addition, as a member group you will:
- Receive an invitation to the Annual General Meeting and are entitled to seek nomination to our Board of Trustees as well as vote on important decisions for the organisation.
- Get access to free training and bespoke workshops on topics ranging from business planning, writing funding bids, safeguarding compliance, supporting volunteers and how to use social media.
- Get support with organisational development; such as choosing a suitable constitution, developing your aims and objectives, building a business plan and fundraising strategy, applying for funds, and creating a dynamic and effective committee.
- Get help to achieve our quality awards; ('Quality in Action' and 'Volunteering in Action'), which are pathways to local funding and can help you work towards best practice.
- Get regular information about local changes, news, funding and training relevant to you.
- Get to meet other organisations in your area, work closer with others and receive peer support.
- Get to have a say and be involved in decision making about the things you care about.
- Get a spot on our online service directory that will be open for groups, funders, and potential users to find out more.
- Get opportunities to promote the work of your group through our newsletter, ebulletins and social media.
- Get the right people for your workforce by advertising jobs through our extensive networks.
- Get more volunteers by uploading and managing your volunteering opportunities through our interactive website and advertising them on our social media channels.
- Get bespoke advice and support on managing volunteers and attend our volunteer coordinator forums.