Aims/priorities: The Windrush Community Fund is provided by the Home Office and administered on its behalf by Voice4Change England.
The funding is intended to support the Fund’s objectives which are to:
- Increase awareness and visibility of the Windrush Scheme (documentation), Windrush Compensation Scheme, or both and the support available
- Reach more communities and individuals who may have been affected by their inability to prove their lawful status in the UK
In addition, the Community Fund also seeks to:
- Ensure that individuals and communities have accurate information about the schemes, how to apply, and that any myths surrounding the schemes are addressed. This could involve, for instance, promoting example cases.
- Build capacity at a community and grassroots level to support those affected to access the Windrush Scheme (documentation), Windrush Compensation Scheme, or both.
Who can apply? Applications will be accepted from charities, community or grassroots organisations.
Grant amount: Grants of between £2,500 and £25,000 are available.
- Projects awarded the minimum funding of £2,500 must be delivered within six months of receipt of funding.
- Projects awarded between £2,501 and £25,000 must be delivered within 12 months of receipt of funding.
Application process: An application form and guidance notes can be found on the GOV.UK website. The completed application form should be submitted either by post or by email to Voice4Change England.
Deadline: There will be two application rounds.
- Phase 1 opens on 14 December 2020 and closes on 12 February 2021 (23:59)
- Phase 2 opens on 1 April 2021 and closes on 30 June 2021 (23:59)
Contact Information: Tel: 020 7485 4789 Email: email@example.com
Website address: www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-for-the-windrush-community-fund#north