Aims/priorities: The Awards aim to celebrate and support charities working in the fields of youth, welfare and community, and to enable charities to develop, raise their profiles, become more sustainable and face the future with greater confidence.
Who can apply? Registered charities in Wales and the North and Midlands of England that are ambitious and working to alleviate disadvantage in one or more of the following fields can apply:
- Youth - the provision of services to children and young people up to age 25, including advice and guidance, work experience, training and coaching.
- Welfare - helping vulnerable individuals, including adults experiencing exclusion, social or economic hardship or homelessness, offenders, providing support for older people and disabled.
- Community - including volunteering work, practical projects to improve the area, running community centres, providing a range of services to the local population and especially those who may be vulnerable or in need.
To be eligible, charities must:
- Have a registered charity number.
- Be working in the fields of welfare, youth or community.
- Have delivered a service for at least two years.
- Have at least one paid full-time member of staff in a leadership position.
- Have an annual income of less than £5 million per year.
- Provide direct services to beneficiaries (not umbrella groups).
- Have the majority of activity or beneficiaries in the Midlands, North of England or Wales. A full list of eligible areas can be found on the Weston Charity Awards website.
Organisations that have applied previously are eligible to apply again as long as there have been significant changes since applying
Grant amount: The Awards offer a package of support intended to deliver long-term benefit to the charity, including a fully funded year of support from Pilotlight and an unrestricted cash contribution of £6,500.
The 20 Award Finalists will receive:
- A fully funded year of support from Pilotlight.
- An unrestricted cash contribution of £6,500 to support the work with Pilotlight, this includes travel expenses to meetings.
- Access to a network of local charities working with Pilotlight.
- Two ‘connect’ sessions with other Award Winners across the year.
Application process: click here for application information
Deadline: Friday 7 January, 5pm
Charity Partnerships Team
4-10 Heneage Lane
Tel: 07483 014 783
Website address: https://www.pilotlight.org.uk/weston-charity-awards