Aims/priorities: #WeStandTogether is the Greater Manchester brand for cohesion and, as the charity established to take this agenda forward, they are delighted to give your organisation the opportunity to receive a grant to help achieve their goals.
The process is slightly different from other grants:
- Establish a local #WeStandTogether Committee/Project/Working Group with at least 5 members, hopefully from diverse backgrounds (age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, disability etc.);
- Affiliate the Working Group/Committee/Project Group to We Stand Together – see their affiliation page;
- Run an activity, or series of activities, in person or on-line, bringing at least 25 people together from diverse backgrounds. These could be workshops, celebrations, dialogues or anything else that helps build understanding and respect;
- Ensure that the activity is clearly evaluated to show evidence of increased understanding and respect. They will supply an exemplar to help;
- Complete a simple report on the activity, its outcomes, its cost, what particular cohesion issues you face in your neighbourhood and how it manifests itself and future plans either in writing or on a video or any other way that works for you.
- They will review all reports and award up to £2,500 to the project with the greatest impact; up to £1,000 to 5 further projects and up to £500 to 10 more.
Who can apply? You may be a local tenants or residents group, a neighbourhood association, a community association, a faith group partnering with other local organisations or any other group, whether constituted or not. They can advise you on where to elicit further funding from for your activity, help with ideas and implementation, as well as with evaluation and reporting.
Grant amount: Up to £2,500 to the project with the greatest impact; up to £1,000 to 5 further projects and up to £500 to 10 more.
Application process: Submit your report on your cohesion activities using the form on their website.
Deadline: Midday on Friday 15th October 2021
Contact information: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Website address: www.westandtogether.org.uk