Aims/priorities: The grant programme aims to support people with an emphasis on building confidence, knowledge and skills, and therefore increasing prospects of employment. They offer grants up to £5,000 towards specific projects or core activities that support literacy, numeracy, digital and additional skills for learning that are likely to assist employment prospects. The Trust recognises that the future of the labour market will become increasingly competitive, with employers placing greater emphasis on transferable skills.
The Trust prioritises applicants that:
- match funded projects;
- can provide compelling evidence of impact;
- work with collaborative networks; and
- have self-sustainable projects, with a view to becoming less reliant on grants in the future.
Who can apply? Applicants must:
- be a UK charity that has been registered with the Charity Commission for at least three years;
- apply for a project or running costs that equips people (aged 11 and over) with the skills ready for employment;
- have annual repeat funding for up to three years – subject to satisfactory annual reviews of progress and impact; and
- not have an annual turnover that exceeds £500,000.
Grant amount: Up to £5,000.
Application process: Applications can be made via the funders website. The application process is divided into two stages: Stage one is to complete the Expression of Interest form (link) where you will be asked to complete some basic contact details and a short description of what you require funding for. If successful, you will be invited to Stage two – a more in-depth application form. Applicants will also be asked to submit a Project Plan (template available to download if you wish), budget, latest set of financial accounts and any relevant policies.Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email.
Deadline: 30 April 2021(Expression Of Interest)
Website address: Thomas Wall Trust