Aims/priorities: The scheme aims to fund small capital improvements to theatres run by charities and not-for-profit groups that will make a big impact to a theatre's resilience, sustainability or accessibility. This can include works to make theatres COVID-secure and ready to reopen.
Grants are available for small capital projects that will make a big impact to a theatre's resilience, sustainability or accessibility.
Eligible projects include:
- Improvements and repairs to the building fabric.
- The installation of key plant and machinery.
- Works or which make theatre buildings digital-ready.
- The purchase of key equipment (not software) to improve digital infrastructure.
- Projects that help to make theatres COVID-secure for reopening.
This scheme will prioritise improvements to buildings that protect theatre use and remove barriers to participation and attendance.
Who can apply? To be eligible, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Own or manage theatres with titles or signed leases of more than five years on buildings in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
- Demonstrate that they run a regular theatre programme of professional, community and/or amateur work presenting no less than 30 performances a year.
- Have a bona fide UK charitable or not-for-profit legal structure and be able to provide certified or audited accounts for at least two years.
Grant amount: up to £5,000.
Application process: Application forms are available to download from the Theatres Trust's website.
Pre-application discussions are welcomed and applicants are invited to contact Theatres Adviser Tom Stickland by email at email@example.com to discuss their projects before applying.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome by end of June 2022.
Deadline: 3 May 2022 (midday).
Contact information: Tel 020 7836 8591, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Website address: www.theatrestrust.org.uk