Aims/priorities: Phase 2 aims to support local networks of organisations working with and for women to make change to systems that cause women’s poverty in their area. It is a place-based approach to systems change that is open to networks in and around the following areas:
- Kingston upon Hull
- Liverpool / Merseyside
- Middlesbrough / Teesside
- West Yorkshire (Bradford and Leeds)
The new programme will fund approximately three networks over three years to achieve the programme goals of:
- Working with networks of organisations united by geography to reduce gendered poverty in their area.
- Building capacity within local communities to help the local women’s sector to create sustainable change.
Who can apply? Applications will be accepted from not-for-profit organisations (including registered charities and CICs) that are women only or have a track record in delivering services for women (aged 18+) facing multiple and complex disadvantage.
To be eligible, applicants must have:
- A written governing document (eg, a constitution or set of rules).
- A governing body with at least three unrelated members.
- A UK-based bank or building society account in the name of the organisation with at least two unrelated signatories.
- An appropriate safeguarding policy in place.
In addition, the lead organisation within the network must have:
- Some previous experience of either: subcontracting, coordinating a network, joint working or a combination of the three.
- At least 12 months of draft or signed accounts.
Applicants should refer to the guidance notes on the Trust's website as they provide full details of the criteria.
Grant amount: A total of £1.5 million is available during Phase 2.
It is expected that approximately three geographical place-based networks will be funded over three years.
Each network can apply for up to £500,000 to be spent over three years.
Application process: Guidance notes and the expression of interest form can be found on the Smallwood Trust website.
Further information will be provided during the following Q&A webinars:
- 20 October 2021 (13:00 – 14:00)
- 3 November 2021 (10:00 – 11:00)
Deadline: The application schedule for Phase 2 is as follows:
- 10 December 2021 - Deadline for Expression of Interest
- 18 March 2022 – Deadline for full applications
- End of March 2022 – Interviews
- April 2022 – Notification of decisions
- April/May 2022 – First funding instalment paid and projects commence.
Contact Information: Tel: 0300 365 1886 Email: email@example.com
Website address: www.smallwoodtrust.org.uk/organisations