Aims/priorities: The Sir Jules Thorn Charitable Trust offers grants to UK based charitable organisations that work in the following areas of interest:
- Serious illness - to assist many fundraising initiatives by charities and charitable institutions which help those suffering from serious illness. The needs addressed include nursing, residential facilities, assessment and treatment, and support and advice.
- Disability - to make life easier for the disabled, to improve their quality of life, and to promote integration with the able bodied.
- Disadvantage - to help those less fortunate in society to enjoy new experiences, and to provide support to help them to lead more fulfilling lives and to realise their potential.
- Overcoming adversity - for work with people experiencing particular difficulties in their lives, who are vulnerable and in need of support.
Funding is intended to support registered charities that will use the grant for a specific project of a humanitarian nature or to supplement their core funding. The scheme aims to support charities that share the organisation's vision of helping sick and disadvantaged people.
Who can apply? Eligible organisations must:
- Have registered charity status.
- Be based in the UK and use the funds for domestic purposes.
Grant amount: Grants of up to £1,500 are available.
Application process: Application forms are available to complete online from the Trust's website. Applications may be submitted at any time. There are no reporting requirements.
Deadline: Applications are accepted at any time.
Contact information: Enquiries - Tel 020 7487 5851, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Website address: Ann Rylands Small Donations -Sir Jules Thorn Trust