Aims/priorities: The Sea-Changers Innovation Fund aims to encourage new approaches to marine conservation challenges and accelerate possible solutions to issues such as climate change, pollution, over-fishing and the decline of key marine species that are affecting the UK's coast and seas.
In 2022 the £30,000 fund will be split equally between the following three areas:
- Projects based in/taking place in Scotland (supported by The William Grant Foundation).
- Projects that are aimed at preventing or addressing the issue of plastics in the marine environment, anywhere in the UK (supported by Liga).
- Projects anywhere in the UK in any area of marine conservation innovation.
Who can apply?
- Charities and not-for-profit organisations.
- Universities or students who are carrying out activities related to marine conservation.
- Community groups.
Grant amount: The total funding pot for the 2022 Innovation Fund is £30,000. Sea-Changers envisages making between 3 and 15 grant awards from this round. Grants of up to £10,000 for any one project are available. However, applicants should note that applications for the larger awards of £5,000 to £10,000 will need to be exceptionally compelling to be successful.
Application process: An application form and guidance documents are available to download from the Sea-Changers website.
Deadline: 18 September 2022
PO Box 10480
Tel: 0300 102 0151
Website address: https://www.sea-changers.org.uk/