Aims/priorities: The aim of the scheme is to support sports projects which provide opportunities for people who are disabled or otherwise disadvantaged to fulfil their potential and to develop other personal and life skills. The Trust will consider applications for capital, revenue or project funding and welcomes applications for projects that:
- Provide a focus for skills development and confidence building through the medium of sport.
- Have a strong training and/or educational theme within the sporting activity.
- Provide sporting equipment or facilities for disabled or disadvantaged people.
- Have a high degree of community involvement.
- Help to engage children or young people at risk of crime, truancy or addiction.
Who can apply? The Foundation accepts applications from organisations working throughout the UK that are:
- Registered in England and Wales with the Charity Commission.
- Registered in Scotland with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR).
- Registered in Northern Ireland with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland (CCNI).
- A CASC (Community Amateur Sports Club).
Charities must have been registered with the Charity Commission for two years or more and have produced independently examined or audited accounts for at least one full year of operation. Community Amateur Sports Clubs must also have been operating for comparable periods.
Applications from local branches of national charities will be considered, but only if they have either a separate legal constitution or the endorsement of their national head office.
Grant amount: There is no minimum or maximum level of grant available. Each grant request will be reviewed on its own merits.
Applicants may only apply to one of the Foundation's programmes at any time.
Application process: Applications are made through a two-stage process. Applicants should submit an initial enquiry using the online form. Selected entries will then be invited to complete a full application.
Deadline: Applications may be submitted at any time.
Contact information: Tel: 01737 228000, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website address: Grant Programmes | Peter Harrison Foundation