Aims/priorities: The Onward Community Fund aims to support local groups and projects. Underpinned by their mission ‘To make a positive difference in the communities we serve’ groups can bid for up to £2,500 for their neighbourhood. Examples could include: IT training, youth projects or community events.
Projects should aim to address one or more of the following:
- Theme 1 – Building Stronger Communities - Supporting individuals and neighbourhood community organisations to increase their expertise and develop their interest groups, in order to help the wider community and increase opportunities.
- Theme 2 – Employment and Training - Supporting individuals to access employment, training and enterprise opportunities.
- Theme 3 – Digital Inclusion - Being unable to interact and transact online has a direct and tangible impact on many key areas of everyday life. We will work in partnership in our communities to support customers to maximise their digital inclusion.
- Theme 4 – Building Community Food Resilience - Supporting efforts to address food insecurity within our communities, we will continue to support organisations at the forefront of tackling this current public health emergency.
- Theme 5 – Youth Provision - To ensure that the offer for young people evolves to meet changing needs. This is particularly important given the current economic situation, so we need to encourage collaboration between all providers to get the best for children and young people in terms of access to employment, training, and enterprise opportunities.
- Theme 6 – Mental Wellbeing and Greenspaces - Supporting organisations who are well placed to provided mental health support, recognising the increasing challenges relating to this issue, or develop innovative models of early intervention around access to greenspace. and community networks.
Who can apply? Local voluntary and community groups. Organisations must be a Constituted/Community Group and have their own bank account. The project must benefit Onward neighbourhoods
Grant amount: Up to £2,500.
Application process: There is a two stage process starting with an expression of interest form which must be completed online on their website. A member of the Social Investment Team will contact you to discuss your project in more detail and check your eligibility to the fund. If Onward Homes decide to take your application forward, an application form will be emailed to you to complete.
Deadline: Deadline dates to submit applications:
- Round 1: 15th May 2021
- Round 2: 15th July 2021
- Round 3: 15th October 2021
- Round 4: 15th January 2022
Website address: Onward Community Fund