Aims/priorities: National charity Motability has announced it will provide £50 million to UK charities and organisations in the accessible transport sector from 2022 to 2025, starting with two new funding streams:
- Community Transport Grants
- Wheelchair Sector Grants
There is a focus on medium and large charities and non-profit organisations with well-established ways of working. As such, applicants must have been active for three years, with an annual income of at least £150,000 in that time.
Community Transport Grants should be used to cover:
- Staffing and/or volunteer costs to increase supply of Community Transport services.
- Leasing or buying Community Transport vehicles
- Initiatives to influence transport strategy, policy and funding.
- Partnerships/collaborations which drive efficiency at the organisational and systems level.
- Best practice interventions to continue/scale up work.
Wheelchair Sector Grants should be used to:
- Help individuals to source quality equipment by topping up self-funding.
- Raise awareness of the challenges faced by disabled people in obtaining suitable, quality and affordable wheelchairs.
- Develop or improve programmes which fund high quality and affordable equipment.
- Support existing initiatives which provide best practice solutions but need further support to remain operational or expand.
Who can apply? Medium and large charities and not-for-profit organisations with well-established ways of working may apply.
- Be based in the UK.
- Have been active for at least three years.
- Have had an annual income of at least £150,000 per annum over that period.
- Be working in the field of transport for disabled people.
Grant amount: Grants of £100,000 to £4 million are available for a maximum of three years.
Application process: Stage One application form can be found on the Motability website.
Deadline: Applications can be made at any time.
Contact information: Tel: 01279 632168 - Email: GrantsToOrganisations@motability.org.uk