Aims/priorities: The KFC Foundation provides grants to support grassroots organisations in the communities where KFC’s restaurants are located. The Foundation works with organisations who are empowering young people in the UK to fulfil their potential by providing safe social spaces, mentoring or work, and social skills.
The Foundation aims to fund work that helps young people create firm foundations, by addressing their needs through early intervention.
The funding is intended for projects and activities which:
- Benefit young people aged 11-25 years old.
- Support those in a position of social disadvantage (i.e. care leavers, those experiencing homelessness, young carers, young parents, young people at risk of or with experience of the criminal justice system).
- Provide spaces that allow young people to feel safe and secure, helping to unlock talent and build life skills, provide mentoring, and improve their chances of gaining meaningful employment.
- Ultimately empower all young people to fulfil their potential and build a positive future.
- Will demonstrate positive results within 12 months of the receipt of funding.
Who can apply? Registered charities, registered community interest companies, unincorporated clubs or associations or unregistered charities in the UK, with a turnover of less than £300,000 can apply.
Applications are welcome from such organisations which:
- Deliver services to one or more of the KFC Foundation’s target groups.
- Have existed for at least 12 months at the time of submission.
- Have a signed constitution/governing documents.
- Have a bank account in its own name with two unrelated signatories/dual authorisation.
- Have an active board of trustees or directors.
- Have a suitable safeguarding policy.
- Are local to a KFC restaurant.
Grant amount: Between £200 and £2,000
Application process: There are two stages to the application process:
- Applicants should first submit a two minute video about their organisation.
- Applicants should then complete and submit an Expression of Interest form, via the link on the KFC Foundation’s website.
Guidance notes are available on the KFC Foundation’s website.
Deadline: 28 February 2022
Contact information: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Website address: www.kfc.co.uk/kfc-foundation-community-grants