Aims/priorities: The Football Winter Survival Package is a fund administered by the Football Foundation on behalf of the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport and Sport England.
Part of the UK Government's Sport Winter Survival Package, the fund aims to support clubs at Step 3 to 6 of the National League System that have been severely impacted by COVID-19 restrictions.
The funding is focused on supporting football clubs' immediate survival.
Grants can be used for the majority of essential business operational costs. This includes, but is not restricted to:
- Lease or mortgage payments.
- Debt or loan repayments.
- Utility costs (including phone and broadband).
- Essential pitch and stadium maintenance.
- Non-playing staff who have not been furloughed.
- COVID-19 compliance measures.
- Other financial commitments that have already been made (eg catering).
Who can apply? Applications will be accepted from football clubs in the English National League system operating at Steps 3 to 6.
To be eligible, a club must hold no more than six months of unrestricted operating reserves.
Grant amount: All grant applications will be means-tested. The level of funding available depends upon the National League Step that the club is in, as follows:
- Step 3 - grants of up to £27,000.
- Step 4 - grants of up to £15,000.
- Step 5 - grants of up to £10,500.
- Step 6 - grants of up to £7,500.
Grants must be spent by 31 March 2021.
Application process: Full guidance and the online application form can be found at the Football Foundation website.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is 9pm on 14 February 2021.
Contact Information: Tel:0345 345 4555 Email: email@example.com