Aims/priorities: The funding is intended to support the development of Community Fridges that help to reduce food waste and meet the needs of diverse populations.
- Supporting applications in regions with a sparsity of Community Fridges (a map can be found on the Hubbub Foundation website).
- Supporting groups in areas with high levels of multiple deprivation.
- Ensuring a fair and inclusive application process with equal opportunities for everyone, regardless of background, culture or race.
Who can apply? Not-for-profit groups with a bank account may apply.
To be eligible for fuding, applicants must:
- Be setting up a new Community Fridge which has not yet opened.
- Establish the Community Fridge within six months and have intentions to sustain the project for at least three years.
The funders are particularly keen to receive applications which meet the following specifications:
- The fridge will be open to the entire community and not used for emergency food provision.
- There is not an existing Community Fridge or similar food project within a two-mile radius of the proposed location.
- The project group sees the potential to set up future food and environment-related projects
Grant amount: Each successful applicant will receive a grant of £4,000. 100 Community Fridges are expected to be funded.
Application process: click here for application information
Deadline: Tuesday 1 February
Hubbub UK Ltd
Website address: https://co-operate.coop.co.uk/apply-for-funding-to-set-up-a-fridge/