We are working with a group of organisations called the Food Solutions Network, to open a Food Cooperative Warehouse which will be stocked with supplies. The supplies will help our boroughs charities and community groups, support people who are struggling.
The warehouse will be stocked with food and resources, which will be redistributed via foodbanks, food pantries and other charities across the Rochdale Borough. The warehouse will be managed by Action Together and will support the 22+ voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise organisations which form the Food Solutions Network..
In addition to the food and resources stock we are building, we would like to have a stock of ‘Care Packs’ created by our communities.
Help us stock the warehouse!
We are offering £500 grants to groups who can make ‘Care Packs’ to help us stock the warehouse.
A Care package is a pack of supplies, examples might be:
- Hygiene Packs (soap and toothbrushes)
- Cooking Pack (utensils, recipe cards)
- Cleaning Packs (washing up liquid and sponges)
- Cultural celebration packs (items to celebrate cultural events, small gifts, decorations)
- Baby Pack (knitted blankets or baby toys)
- Sanitary Pack (period products)
- Warm Pack (socks, gloves, scarfs, hats)
- Wellbeing Pack (items to support emotional health)
- Women’s /Men’s packs (personal hygiene, beauty or products)
- Creative Pack (creative activities/art supplies)
- Kindness Pack (handwritten cards, and templates for kindness messages)
- Older Peoples Packs (Items to support older peoples physical or emotional health)
- Parent /Carer Packs (Items to support parent/carers physical or emotional health)
- Family Activity Packs (games, books, nature trails, family arts activities)
Amount: Grants of up to £500 are available
Who can apply? Constituted groups, unconstituted groups and organisations from the Voluntary, Community, Faith and Social Enterprise (VCFSE) sector in Rochdale Borough.
How to apply:
We can only accept one application per group/organisation.
Please send all completed application forms to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact Hayley Tomlinson at firstname.lastname@example.org