Aims/priorities: The Listening Fund is a joint initiative which aims to encourage organisations to be more accountable to young people. This is the second phase of the Fund, the design of which has been led by a panel of ten young people advisers. Funding is intended to:
- Support young people and organisations to work together to re-examine what skills, qualities and experiences are valued in leadership roles, to challenge conceptions of who can be a leader.
- Explore different leadership models and structures and strengthen organisations by including young people's experiences and expertise.
- Build a pipeline of opportunities which gives young people access to leadership roles.
Funded work must create new leadership opportunities for young people.
- Meaningfully involve young people.
- Improve organisations' accountability to young people they seek to serve.
- Focus on young people who have experienced young people top bring their expertise into leadership roles.
- Explore new leadership approaches which are grounded in young people's interests and strengths.
- Centre creativity and joy.
- Create ideas, opportunities and learning which have the potential to influence beyond a small cohort of young people.
- Have potential for longer-term impact.
Grants will generally be for specific activities, unless the organisation's mission aligns with that of the Fund, in which case unrestricted funding may be considered.
Who can apply? Youth-focused charites and non-profit organisations that are supporting young people (aged 10 to 30) in England may apply. Groups must have the skills to either deliver the work alone or in partnership, and a turnover of £200,000 to £2 million.
Grant amount: Grants of up to £40,000 are available over up to two years.
Application process: There will be an online Q and A webinar on 29 June 2022.
Full guidelines and an online application form can be found on the Blagrave website.
Deadline: The deadline to apply is 6pm on 28 July 2022, with decisions expected in mid-September 2022.
Contact information: Email email@example.com
Website address: www.blagravetrust.org