Aims/priorities: Support is available to grassroots, community-led groups to improve community spaces to improve the lives of those living in the Asda community. Eligible project costs may include materials, tradespeople and equipment costs. Applications should include at least one of the following:
- Building repairs: the space may need upgrading or replacement e.g. roof repairs, doors and windows repairs/replacement, central heating replacement, electrical wiring upgrade, plumbing repairs/replacement.
- Building improvement or development: to enhance an existing space for perhaps more people to use the facility e.g. new kitchen, improving toilet facilities, extension on a building, new flooring, developing an unused internal space, improving disabled access and facilities, security features to keep the space and place secure, creating a tech hub and enhancing technological capabilities.
- Outdoor Improvement or development: access to green space will improve mental wellbeing and reduce social isolation e.g. play area development/upgrading safety features, community gardens, transforming wasteland into usable space, allotment space.
Who can apply? Applications are accepted from registered charities, community groups, voluntary organisations and other not-for-profit organisations in the UK, for support with initiatives that will make a real long-term difference, benefiting the wider community.
To be eligible, applicants must either:
- Own and have full responsibility for the upkeep and maintenance of the building/space; or
- Lease and have full responsibility for upkeep and maintenance with at least 10 years remaining.
Organisations must demonstrate:
- Commitment to the community mission.
- People-centred activity i.e. promotion of equality, inclusivity and diversity.
- Efficient running of the group.
- Local-focused projects i.e. the space is a focal point in the community.
Grant amount: Between £5,000 and £25,000. Asda will only part-fund projects and groups should aim to raise at least 50% of the total project cost.
Application process: Application forms can be obtained from Asda Community Champions, who are based in local Asda superstores. Applicants can use the store locator link on the Foundation website to get in touch with their local store and speak to their Community Champion about their project proposal.
Deadline: 9 January 2022.
Contact information: Enquiries
Great Wilson Street
Website address: www.asdafoundation.org/foundation-grants