Action Together is collecting information on new and existing Voluntary, Charity, Faith, and Social Enterprise (VCFSE) organisations and Mutual Aid Groups providing support during COVID-19 to help local people during this Coronavirus crisis. This is not an exhaustive list but it shows a range of services available. We will update this page when new information is available.
- Age UK Tameside - Providing helpline support to older people self-isolating. Information and Advice Service is open providing telephone appointments for older people with welfare benefit enquiries and access to statutory assistance, and the Get Up & Go service is open supporting older people’s wellbeing. You can contact us on 0161 308 5000, Information and Advice 07943272253, Get Up and Go 0161 308 5000. For more information please visit www.ageuk.org.uk/tameside
- Being There - Being There are offering a telephone buddying service for exsisting people and are taking new referrals from anyone who has a life limiting illness. We are also offering counselling on assessment with qualified person centred counsellors for those with diagnosis of a life limiting illness. You can contact us on 0161 217 1373 for messages to be left (with contact details for us to follow up) For more information please visit https://beingthere.org.uk/
- Cloverleaf - Provide advocacy services to people with mental health needs, learning disabilities, older people, people with physical and sensory impairment, and carers. Providing 1-2-1 support, though remotely based on restrictions to various care environments. You can contact us on 0161 207 0767 or for more information please visit www.cloverleaf-advocacy.co.uk/
- The Anthony Seddon Fund (Supporting mental wellbeing in the community) - We have put a schedule together, offering some support/activities on our Facebook page. We would love for people to join in where possible, young and old! As well as being available through all our social media channels, we are also advertising the below activities: Monday @ 2pm - Virtual Dropin on Zoom, Wednesdays Onine Karaoke, Thursday Themed Craft Club, Thursdays @ 4pm - The Talk Shop, Fridays @ 7pm - Quiz Night. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theanthonyseddonfund/
- Syria Relief Tameside COVID-19 Emergency Response - Syria Relief Charity are providing free basic shopping parcels delivered for those socially isolating alone with no support and are struggling to get basic essentials across Tameside. Everest Pharmacy Group are providing free healthcare packs (Face masks, gloves, hand sanitisers, paracetamol, multivitamins subject to availability) You can text Dr Shameela on 07940 568 586 for more information or you can connect with us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/642724903183075/. If you would like to support your local community at this difficult time please visit: www.CovidEmergencyResponse.com
- Silver Cord Telephone Befriending - Silver Cord has been operating as a befriending service since 2017, working with volunteers from several churches in Tameside. We are offering extended telephone befriending to respond to Covid-19. As many more people will be isolated or will be self-isolating, there will be a greater need for a listening ear. We are offering friendly phone calls, prayer if desired and signposting for practical support. Call or helpline on 0333 772 1939 or email email@example.com.
- Pennine Mencap COVID-19 Crisis – Provide support for adults with learning disabilities/autism in Tameside: Provide food, toiletries, household goods and topping up utility cards, carry out welfare checks via telephone, online and text. Also, provide remote activities and online platforms to bring isolated service users together. You can call us on 0161 627 1025, text us on 07999 556173 or connect with us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/PennineMencap
- Made By Mortals - Armchair Adventures is a project for older people to create original stories, radio plays, music and song together for children. The creative workshops are run by a composer and dramatist using Zoom. People can also take part using a freephone number if they do not have WIFI. This accessible service has an emphasis on fun, engagement and play. It creates opportunities for people to laugh, make connections and express themselves with purpose and with meaning. People sing from their balconies, dance on their patios, and share stories with each other that set imaginations wild and free. Let the Armchair Adventures begin…. You can connect with us via facebook https://www.facebook.com/MadeByMortalsCIC/, twitter @MadeByMortals or visit our website www.madebymortals.org.
- Europia Emergency Fund - Upon noticing an increase in enquires for welfare advice issues, how to claim sick pay and COVID19 related issues, Europia can offer an Emergency Fund where vulnerable EU nationals living across Greater Manchester can easily apply for a grant of £30-60 to help them buy supplies such as food and medicine during the COVID-19 Pandemic. The application forms are in 4 different languages and can be found here: https://europia.org.uk/europia-emergency-fund/ For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0161 505 045
- Infinity Initiatives - Infinity Initiatives have emergency funding which can be used to purchase equipment and data so people can stay connected. This might be to keep in contact with family, access educational programmes, keep up with international news and have credit should they need to ring anyone in an emergency. If you are aware of someone isolated and without the means to purchase their own phones or data please contact us and request a referral form. Funds are extremely limited so we will work on a priority basis. If you have a smart phone or an old tablet, laptop or wifi dongle you wish to donate please inbox us. Referral forms for the project can be requested at email@example.com
- Ashton West End COVID 19 - Local people have come together in the Westend area of Ashton to support people during the COVID-19 crisis. This group is to offer each other support through the difficult times ahead. To help each other out and have a bit of fun along the way! Share tips/ideas/crafts/hobbies/games or just a chat. You can contact Nicola or Jack on firstname.lastname@example.org and connect with us via facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/AWMA20/
- Smallshaw Hurst Community Action Group - exists to support positive community action during the coronavirus pandemic and beyond. We are a collection of local charities and groups who have come together during a time where some people are finding it hard to access the help they need including a helpline for people, activity packs for children and families, information on local services, volunteer opportunities and more. You can contact directly on 07523 919185 or email email@example.com Please join our Facebook page! www.facebook.com/groups/SmallshawHurstCAG/
- Friends of Waterloo Community Response Group - A new neighbourhood response group supporting vulnerable people in collecting shopping and perscriptions in the area of Waterloo. You contact us on 0161 915 1078 or you can connect with us on facebook www.facebook.com/Friends-of-Waterloo-1051247454897057/
Audenshaw, Denton & Droylsden
- Dane Bank COVID-19 Mutual Aid - This group is for residents of Dane Bank that would like to volunteer to help those within our community that may need our help during the worrying times of self-isolation due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The Group Admin will post requests for support and match a person that need help with a nearby neighbour who will act as a buddy that they stay in contact with directly and they shop for them when they’re doing their own shopping. That way people getting and giving support can get to know one another better and it’s not making people go out additionally. This is not a medical platform and is purely community members coming together to help local residents in an urgent time of need. Any questions please contact Hannah Thornton on 07773 624 670 or check our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1602729799850811/
Hattersley, Hyde & Longdendale
- Tameside South and Longdendale Foodbank - Tameside South and Longdendale Foodbank is open if you do not have food in the house and do not have money to buy food. We can provide a food parcel for your household for 3 days – Breakfast, dinner, and tea. To get a parcel ring our Foodbank Help Line on 0333 772 1916 Monday-Friday 10-3pm. The Help Line will issue you with a code that you can then bring into foodbank for a parcel. We are open: Hattersley Baptist Church, Melandra Crescent Hattersley SK14 3RB Tuesdays 12-1 and Fridays 2-3pm and St Mary’s Church Hollingworth Market St Hollingworth SK14 8NE Mondays 11-noon. If you have been told to self-isolate because you are showing symptoms or are in one of the at risk groups please tell the Help Line. A friend or member of your family can pick up the parcel for you, but if this is not possible let our staff know.
- Helping the Community Hyde - A group of volunteers helping people across the greater Hyde area, in response to the Coronavirus crisis. We have all areas of Hyde covered and are prepared to help those self-isolating, or those needing help as a consequence of the virus. We are helping people with shopping, picking up prescriptions, and occasionally if in crisis we try to provide an emergency food parcel. When people contact us for support via our Facebook page, we match them up with a volunteer in the area they live in to reduce travel. Check our Facebook page for more information https://www.facebook.com/HELPINHYDE
- Hollingworth Covid-19 Mutual Aid Group - Hollingworth Covid 19 Mutual Aid group was set up to help the vulnerable within our village. Everything from collecting prescriptions, providing local delivery service, food and supplies, helping with food shopping if required and information on our village food bank. The community are really pulling together with food bank boxes in every village store. On the Facebook page you will receive local and government updates, community projects and fun for the family. If you require help please contact us via our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/208546236876206/ or call/text 07896 312500
- Broadbottom Mutual Aid Volunteers Group - We are a small group of self-organising independent volunteers to support vulnerable people in our village through the outbreak. We recognise that injustice doesn’t affect everyone equally and whilst we’re all at risk of Covid-19, there are some people who are more vulnerable and need greater support from us as a community. To request support in the BROADBOTTOM area, 7 days a week, please text or call 07587 052023 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also check our Facebook page for more information - https://www.facebook.com/groups/3083771134990180/?ref=share
- Mottram and Hattersley Covid-19 Helpline - Mottram and Hattersley Covid-19 helpline 0333 772 1759. This service has been set up by local residents to provide support for people living in Longdendale through this period. The line is run by volunteers who can offer practical help to those self-isolating and any over 70, such as the collection and delivery of medicine or help with shopping. Our volunteers also have information on a variety of services which may be of use at this time whether you are self-isolating or not. Our helpline is open Monday to Friday – 9am to 5pm, and Saturday and Sunday 10am to 2pm and 6pm to 8pm.
Dukinfield, Mossley & Stalybridge
- Stalybridge COVID19 Support -This page has been set up to help the community of Stalybridge as we journey through COVID 19. We are hoping we can match people particularly those who have self-isolated and any over age 70 with someone who is willing to be their support or help during this time. We help with food support, medicine pick-ups and friendship. You can call our phoneline on 0333 7772 1731, they are open Monday to Friday – 10am to 4pm, and Saturday and Sunday 10am to 2pm. One of our coordinators will give you a call back. We all have busy lives but let’s pull together as a community! Also visit our Facebook page for more information https://www.facebook.com/groups/221263182400393/about/
Mossley Food Bank - We are currently offering a 3 day emergency food parcel to individuals, couples and families. It is made up of tinned and dry goods, and we are now able to offer fresh food as well. People can come to the Foodbank, but we are asking them to wait outside for social distancing reasons. We also have designated drivers who are delivering parcels within the community. We do take referrals from other areas, but at the moment we are trying to keep it to the Mossley area but wouldn't want to see anyone without food. If you need a food parcel or further information, contact Lindsey on email@example.com or message Mossley Food Bank on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Community-Organization/Mossley-F...
The Missing Patch - Can you help find The Missing Patch?
A hot air balloon has come down in Tameside. A man is desperate to get to Rio in time for Carnival.
‘Questions, questions! We don’t have time for questions! Can’t you just get me a new patch? Then I’ll be in Rio in no time!’
‘Okay,’ I said. ‘I’ve got some friends that can help.’
Tameside Carnival arts organisation, Global Grooves, have stumbled across a downed hot air balloon. Can you help them find The Missing Patch and help the eccentric pilot on his way to Rio for Carnival? Visit themissingpatch.org to read the story and hear from our hot air balloon pilot.
You can then get involved in three ways:
1. Request a batik kit to create your own patch at home.
2. Design your own batik patch by drawing round a dinner plate and decorating it however you choose.
3. Writing what happens next in the story.
To find out more, including how to request your batik kit, visit https://themissingpatch.org/ You can also upload and submit your creations here, too.
To be added to the lists, please contact us on:
Telephone: 0161 339 2345
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please include Coronavirus in the title of your email and tell us if you're based in Oldham, Rochdale or Tameside)
Click here for further information on COVID-19 support.