Oldham Poverty Truth Commission is looking for a team member who can facilitate the engagement of Grassroots Commissioners.
Co-ordinated by a steering group of Action Together, Oldham Council and voluntary sector partners, the Commission will draw on experiences of people who have been in poverty in the 'Grassroots Commissioner' role alongside Civic, Business, and Voluntary Sector leaders to delve deep into the causes of poverty in Oldham and what can be done about them.
There is now over a decade of evidence about how the Poverty Truth Commission model can deliver results in collectively identifying possible solutions to poverty, including Commission’s in Salford and Leeds which continue to impact their local areas’ approach to poverty.
The Oldham Poverty Truth Commission aims are to:
- Build relationships and trust between local people and civic leaders that increase understanding of poverty
- Prompt changes in policy and practice within organisations
- Provide a positive example of co-production that Oldham can reference
- Develop new skills for all participants which can be applied to other programmes
Who can apply?
The role will be funded for 1.5 days per week and could be delivered in one of two ways:
- By an organisation through a partnership agreement with Action Together to cover a 0.3 Full Time Equivalent post at a pro-rata salary of £29,166.
- As a freelance opportunity via a consultancy contract with Action Together
The contract will run for 18 months, starting as soon as possible in 2021.
The total value of the grant will be £15,750 if delivered by a partner organisation (including management costs), or a daily rate of £125/day if freelance.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a partnership proposal of 2 sides or less outlining how you/your organisation would deliver this role, and how you meet the criteria outlined above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All suitable partners/proposals will be contact directly to arrange a follow up call with the Commission team in the remaining weeks of December, or early January.
We welcome conversations in advance to consider how this might fit with your current arrangements. To talk through how it might work for you, call Robbie Cowbury on 0161 339 2345, using extension 3007.
All proposals should be recieved by Weds 16th December, 5pm, unless an extension has been agreed in advance.
Robbie Cowbury, Engagement & System Change Manager, Action Together
0161 339 2345 ext 3007