Aims/priorities: GMCVO are managing the grants process which is funded by Greater Manchester Moving (with money from Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership). The grants will be awarded to ideas to get more people in Greater Manchester walking while adhering to government social distancing restrictions.
All activities must encourage people who are usually less active to start or increase the amount they walk regularly whilst adhering to government social distancing guidelines.
They must also address one or more of the following:
- Support individuals not in work, with long term health conditions or young people;
- Engage with communities, schools and businesses to encourage walking as part of the daily routine;
- Work with communities to understand key walking destinations, routes and local barriers and solutions to get people walking;
- Increase the number of trained and confident “Walking Champions” who are active in the community;
- Make environmental changes/improvements that will encourage walking.
The grants can be used to pay for; equipment and capital projects, travel expenses, training, additional staff-time and facilitators. Where possible we would like ideas to link with local initiatives and grants programmes. This fund can be used as match funding for other local grants with similar purposes.
Organisations will become part of a network that promotes and supports walking across Greater Manchester.
Who can apply? Constituted Voluntary, Community or Social Enterprise organisation (VCSE) operating in Greater Manchester for the benefit of Greater Manchester residents (also includes Glossop)
Grant amount: Up to £3,000
Application process: Register on website to access application form
Deadline: 21 December 2020
Website address: https://www.gmcvo.org.uk/gm-walking-grants/gm-walking-grants-medium