Aims/priorities: This guidance is intended to support Oldham based businesses applying to Oldham Council for a grant from the Local Authority Discretionary Grants Fund announced by the Government on 1 May 2020.
This guidance sets out the criteria under which businesses will qualify to make an application to the Local Authority Discretionary Grants Fund, and the evidence required to support an application, and is aligned with the Government guidance issued on 23 May 2020.
Who can apply? Oldham charities and social enterprises in receipt of discretionary business rate relief which weren’t eligible for small business grant or retail and hospitality grant. This is a new fund and it is aimed at certain small businesses who were not eligible for the Small Business Grant Fund or the Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Fund, and which have relatively high ongoing, fixed property-related costs, and which can demonstrate that they have suffered a significant fall in income due to the COVID-19 crisis.
To be eligible for this grant your Business/Charity must:
- Be located in the Borough of Oldham
- Be classified as a small business with
- a turnover of no more than £10.2m per annum
- a Balance Sheet Total of no more than £5.1m
- fewer than 50 employees
- Have a ratable value of £51,000 or less
- Have direct on-going fixed property costs e.g., rent, rates, mortgage payments, utilities and insurance costs.
- Pay rent or mortgage costs of at least £1,200 per annum
- Have been operating on 11 March 2020
- Be able to demonstrate a significant fall in income as a result of Covid 19
You are not eligible for this grant if:
- Your business or charity is eligible for the following support:
- Small Business Rates Relief, Rural Rates Relief or Retail, Leisure and Hospitality cash grants,
- Sector grants including the Dairy Hardship Fund, Fisheries Response Fund, Domestic Seafood Supply Scheme, Zoos Support Fund.
Grant amount: Typically £10,000 and below proportionate to fixed property costs.
Businesses/Charities that are charged an annual rent and property related charge of:
- £2,000 or below can access a grant of £2,000.
- between £2,001 to £5,000 can access a grant of £5,000.
- of £5,001 or more can access a grant of £10,000.
The amount of funding available to Oldham businesses is limited, therefore, grants will be awarded subject to availability.
Application process: Apply for the Discretionary Cash Grants here
Deadline: The grant is now open for Phase 1 and Phase 2 applications until Friday 12 June 2020.
Contact information: Email: email@example.com; Phone: 0161 770 2077
Website address: www.oldham.gov.uk/discretionarygrantsfund