Updated 15 April 2021
This page contains general public information on COVID. Please visit our Advice And Guidance For Community Groups During COVID page for the latest advice for voluntary and charity organisations. We are reviewing the guidance in line with the Spring 2021 roadmap out of lockdown in England, and will update that page with new advice when relevant.
Action Together is committed to providing support and information to voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise (VCFSE) organisations around COVID-19 (coronavirus). We have produced the guidance on this page for our members and partners in Oldham, Rochdale and Tameside. We will update this page when new information is available.
Action Together's offices are closed and our in-person training and events have been postponed. We are modifying our core services in response to the emergency.
Members of the Action Together team are keen to support you to think through what the potential impacts might be. If you would like support for your VCFSE organisation, please contact us on 0161 339 2345 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (please include Coronavirus in the title of your email and tell us if you're based in Oldham, Rochdale or Tameside)
Information for residents:
Information for groups and organisations:
We have further local information and advice on these pages:
- Oldham Community and Voluntary Information
- Rochdale Community and Voluntary Information
- Tameside Community and Voluntary Information
Information for Oldham, Rochdale and Tameside Residents
Action Together are an accredited Volunteer Centre and we are co-ordinating formal volunteering in response to COVID-19 in Oldham, Rochdale and Tameside. We are working with local councils, charities, and community and voluntary groups to fill organised and co-ordinated volunteering roles. By volunteering you can help and be a part of the community response.
Volunteering in other Greater Manchester boroughs can be found at https://volunteergm.org/
If you want to take part in informal volunteering/mutual aid, our Mutual Aid page contains advice and information on setting up and volunteering for a mutual aid group.
If you are assisting someone who is self-isolated, please remember to follow the necessary social distancing precautions. The Government have produced guidance on How To Help Safely.
Our local charities and voluntary and community groups do amazing work to support those who are most vulnerable in our communities, and their work is even more critical during this time.
Action Together is raising money for the emergency community response to coronavirus.
All the money raised will go to local groups and charities in Oldham, Rochdale and Tameside to help them continue to provide vital community support.
- Donate now to support groups and charities in Oldham: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/OldhamCoronavirus
- Donate now to support groups and charities in Rochdale: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/RochdaleCoronavirus
- Donate now to support groups and charities in Tameside: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/TamesideCoronavirus
Visit our locality pages for more information on giving in your area:
Different support services are available in Oldham, Rochdale and Tameside. Visit our locality pages for services and support available in your area:
Information for groups and organisations:
Please contact our team on 0161 339 2345 or email@example.com
- NHS 111 Online (COVID-19): Find out what to do if you think you have symptoms
- NHS Coronavirus health information and advice
- NHS guidelines translated into other languages
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine information. The NHS will let you know when it's your turn to have the vaccine. It's important not to contact the NHS for a vaccination before then.
Public Health England
- Coronavirus Resource Centre including posters and campaign materials
- Coronavirus resources translated into different languages
- Easy read/large print/BSL public information materials
- North West of England: local restrictions – what you can and cannot do
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): UK government response
- Cleaning in non-healthcare settings
- Food safety for community cooking and food banks
- Guidance for the charity sector
- Guidance for employees, employers and businesses
- Guidance for health professionals, businesses, schools and other organisations
- How to help safely
Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- TogetherGM: Greater Manchester advice and information about coronavirus, including accesible easy to read materials. TogetherGM has updated its website with resources, guidance and information, clarifying what we can and cannot do under the current restrictions.
- TogetherGMs Wellbeing Resources
Other Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise Support Organisations
GM Covid Travel Resources - Yr 7 - 8
GM Covid Travel Resources - Yr 9 - 11
Transport for Greater Manchester - for latest updates on services, timetables and safety advice, visit the TfGM coronavirus webpage.
The below organisations are Action Together's equivalent in other boroughs of Greater Manchester:
Bolton: Bolton CVS - www.boltoncvs.org.uk
Bury: Bury Voluntary, Community and Faith Alliance (VCFA) - www.buryvcfa.org.uk
Manchester: Manchester Community Central - www.manchestercommunitycentral.org
Salford: Salford CVS - www.salfordcvs.co.uk
Stockport: Sector 3 - http://synergysk.co.uk
Trafford: Thrive Trafford - www.thrivetrafford.org.uk
Wigan: Wigan Borough Community Partnership - www.wbcommunitypartnership.org