Updated 16 June 2021
This page contains general public information on COVID. Please visit our Advice And Guidance For Community Groups During COVID page for the latest advice for voluntary and charity organisations. We are reviewing the guidance in line with the Spring 2021 roadmap out of lockdown in England, and will update that page with new advice when relevant.
Action Together is committed to providing support and information to voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise (VCFSE) organisations around COVID-19 (coronavirus). We have produced the guidance on this page for our members and partners in Oldham, Rochdale and Tameside. We will update this page when new information is available.
Action Together's offices are closed and our in-person training and events have been postponed. We are modifying our core services in response to the emergency.
Members of the Action Together team are keen to support you to think through what the potential impacts might be. If you would like support for your VCFSE organisation, please contact us on 0161 339 2345 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (please include Coronavirus in the title of your email and tell us if you're based in Oldham, Rochdale or Tameside)
NHS, Public Health and UK Government Advice
- NHS 111 Online (COVID-19): Find out what to do if you think you have symptoms
- NHS Coronavirus health information and advice
- NHS guidelines translated into other languages
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine information.
- Book or manage your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination. Use this service to book a coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination or manage your appointments.
- Coronavirus Resource Centre including posters and campaign materials
- Coronavirus resources translated into different languages
- Easy read/large print/BSL public information materials
- North West of England: local restrictions – what you can and cannot do
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): UK government response
- Cleaning in non-healthcare settings
- Food safety for community cooking and food banks
- Guidance for the charity sector
- Guidance for employees, employers and businesses
- Guidance for health professionals, businesses, schools and other organisations
- How to help safely - You can volunteer during coronavirus (COVID-19) with an organisation or group. You can also help people in your local area by doing things like picking up shopping or medicines.
Greater Manchester Support
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority - The Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) is made up of the ten Greater Manchester councils and Mayor, who work with other local services, businesses, communities and other partners to improve the city-region.
- GM support and services for people who find themselves homeless
- GM Covid Travel Resources - Yr 7 - 8
- GM Covid Travel Resources - Yr 9 - 11
- Transport for Greater Manchester - for latest updates on services, timetables and safety advice, visit the TfGM coronavirus webpage.
The below organisations are Action Together's equivalent in other boroughs of Greater Manchester:
Bolton: Bolton CVS
Manchester: Manchester Community Central
Salford: Salford CVS
Stockport: Sector 3
Trafford: Thrive Trafford
Other voluntary sector support:
- 10GM - 10GM partners can provide a range of services not only for voluntary and community groups but also for social enterprises, local businesses and public sector organisations.
- GMCVO - Greater Manchester Centre for Voluntary Organisation (GMCVO) is the voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector support and development organisation covering the Greater Manchester city region.
- Oldham Community and Voluntary Information
- Rochdale Community and Voluntary Information
- Tameside Community and Voluntary Information
- Donate now to support groups and charities in Oldham: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/OldhamCoronavirus
- Donate now to support groups and charities in Rochdale: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/RochdaleCoronavirus
- Donate now to support groups and charities in Tameside: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/TamesideCoronavirus
- Support in Oldham
- Support in Rochdale
- Support in Tameside