Cutlural activitiesWhen the Town Hall re-opens, it will provide a range of free, engaging events and activities for people of all ages and abilities. Times and dates to be organised.
Contact for further details: Caroline StorrContact phone number: 01706 927901Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Day: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, SundayFrequency: WeeklyCost: Free
Professional Referral: NoSelf Referral:Accessible for disabled people: YesAccessible for people with language needs: Yes
About the host organisationHosted by: Rochdale Town HallOrganisation Profile:
The impressive Grade 1 listed, gothic revival, Rochdale Town Hall is owned and managed by Rochdale Borough Council. The building is currently closed to the public as it is undergoing a major restoration. It will re-open in September 2023.
The town hall restoration project, led by Rochdale Development Agency, involves:
- Restoring many period features within the building, including the extensive stained glass, the ornate ceiling panels in the great hall and the magna-carta mural.
- Refurbishing and opening up rooms which are currently off-limits to the public.
- Creating a new permanent exhibition telling the story of Rochdale and its people.
- Creating a new heritage and conservation skills studio.
- Improving access to the building, including installing new lifts, entrances and terracing to ensure everybody can enjoy this special place.
- Removing traffic from the front of the town hall to create a brand new public square which can be used for events and as a space for visitors to relax.