The Independent Mental Health Network (IMHN) are looking for people with lived expereince of mental health to be involved in and influence the development of a new service model in Oldham!
IMHN are working with Living Well UK to co-design a new service model with input from residents and practitioners within the Oldham area, which is dedicated to serving those who fall through the gaps of mental health services. They are looking to gather stories from the lived experience representatives and want to ensure co-production is a key part of this project.
Lived experience representatives will;
- Be willing to share their stories and experiences through an interview style format, which will then be fed back to project leads, whilst maintaining anonymity
- Represent the views and experiences of both themselves and others as part of contributing to the project
- Scrutinise and contribute to the project to ensure that the outcomes remain in the best interests of people with lived experience of mental health
- Represent IMHN, as a network of people with all types of lived experience of mental health, in the project
About your skills and experience:
- Your lived experience of mental health enables you to share views and perspectives on the project
- You be able to share your views and comments within project work
- You will be able to partake in conversations about mental health within the context of the project meetings and work
As a lived experience representative, you will:
- Be supported by the IMHN team, including receiving pre-briefs and de-briefs from meetings
- Receive a payment of £12 per hour for your participation
- Reasonable out-of-pocket travel expenses when in person meetings are able to resume again, in accordance with our involvement policy. This includes for taxis where they are required and agreed in advance with one of the IMHN staff team.
If you wish to express interest in this lived experience opportunity, please contact; firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in the subject line - ‘HMR Living Well – LE Representatives’