The links and documents on this page support the information on our Advice And Guidance For Community Groups During COVID page.
Jump to a section:
- Building / Organisation Risk Assessments
- Involving Staff and Volunteers Safely
- Test and Trace
- Governance and Decision Making
- Support for Community Businesses and Jobs
- Other Useful Resources
Before reopening it is important to balance the risk, and to ask whether the risk of not opening outweighs the risk of opening.
It is essential that you carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment before reopening your premises – a risk assessment should be carried out in line with HSE guidance.
You will find some useful templates and examples below:
- Checklist and Risk Assessment*
- Risk Assessment Example 1*
- Risk Assessment Example 2*
- Risk Assessment Example 3*
- HSE Risk Assessment Template*
- Example Site Operating Procedures*
- Community Matters - Risk assessment
The resources marked * were created by 4CT and MACC for North Manchester Together and are shared with their kind permission
The government have produced guidance on Enabling safe and effective volunteering during coronavirus (COVID-19). This guidance aims to help organisations and groups understand how to safely and effectively involve volunteers during the pandemic.
Salford CVS has created a Risk Assessment Toolkit which we have shared with their kind permission.
- All staff and volunteers should be encouraged to complete the My Covid-19 Self Assessment
- The organisation can then complete an individual risk assessment using the Individual Covid-19 Risk Assessment Toolkit
Test and Trace is a key part of the response to COVID-19. Below are links to local council information on how to access a free test.
Do not attend a testing centre if you are showing symptoms. If you have symptoms, please book a PCR test at https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or call 119
- Oldham Council Coronavirus Testing
- Rochdale Council Coronavirus Testing
- Tameside Council Coronavirus Testing
Test and Trace Information for VCFSE Organisations
Test and trace means testing people for coronavirus and then tracing the people an infected person has come into contact with. The key role for organisations is to ensure that they follow government guidance including ensuring conducting risk assessments and acting on them to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Below is the Government Guidance about maintaining records to support with this, and resources to enable you to create a QR Code Poster:
- NHS Testing and Tracing for Coronavirus
- Creating a coronavirus NHS QR Code
- Government Guidance - maintaining records to support NHS Test and Trace
- Introducing the NHS Covid-19 App - Explainer Pack
- How to create a QR Poster
- ICO Guidance – data protection
- ICO FAQ – data protection
Coronavirus has impacted every organisation in different ways. It is crucial to ensure that any decisions that are taken by your Board are made in line with the procedures laid out in your governing document.
Business Continuity Planning
- You should think about business continuity planning (planning to keep your group and your key activities going). NVCO have produced a document on Organisational Resilience which can help you think this through. Download NCVO's Organisational Resilience checklist
- We have also produced a checklist for smaller, grassroots, volunteer-led groups. We would encourage you to review and complete the document before contacting us. We can then provide the best support for you. Download Action Together's COVID-19 guidance for volunteer-led groups
Some continuity issues to think about may include:
- The emergency contact details for your team and members
- Having processes in place to allow home working should the need arise. If your building is closed or your team have to isolate themselves how will you continue to operate?
- How you support members / beneficiaries by phone rather than face to face
- What difficulties and issues will arise if your team are off sick, and how will you manage them?
- How you will manage expectations of members, beneficiaries, and stakeholders including commissioners?
Supporting materials (including posters)
- Recover and Rebuild: Resource Hub for Charities and Social Enterprises - Good Finance
- Signs for buildings – Oldham Council
- Coronavirus workplace signage - Business Growth Hub
- 2m distance*
- Face masks on public transport*
- How to get a test*
- Staying Covid-19 Secure in 2020
- Protect Yourself (social distancing) - Community Matters
- Covid-19 Symptoms - Community Matters
- Wash your hands - Community Matters
- Keep surfaces clean - Community Matters
- Coronavirus Resource Centre - Public Health England
- Coronavirus resources translated into different languages - Public Health England