Aims/priorities: The aim of this fund is to support Christian churches and charities helping to tackle the ongoing Afghanistan evacuee crisis. Funding will help cover costs associated with resettlement in the UK during a time when the economic and resource effects of the pandemic are still being felt.
Funding can be used to cover costs associated with the resettlement of Afghan evacuees, including:
- Personal items, such as clothing, mobile phones, food or baby items.
- Home items such as furniture.
- Language support, such as English classes and translation services.
- Integrating and settling, such as drop-in sessions, welcome parties, UK life courses, or befriending programmes.
- Expenses for volunteers/facilities, such as rental costs, training, or DBS checks.
Who can apply? Christian churches and charities are eligible to apply. Applicants must have the reach and the capacity to support the resettlement of Afghan evacuees who been granted, or are eligible to apply for, indefinite leave to remain by the UK Government.
Grant amount: Funding will be awarded at the discretion of the Trust.
Application process: Guidance notes and an application form are available from the AllChurches Trust website
Deadline: 15 December 2021.
Contact information: Tel: 01452 873189 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website address: www.allchurches.co.uk