Aims/priorities: The Open Fund for Organisations supports high-quality new music projects and not programmes. Projects must involve the creation, performance and promotion of new music and enable songwriters, composers, artists, bands and performers of all backgrounds to develop creatively and professionally. The Foundation will prioritise expenditure that will have a direct and obvious impact on music creator development.
Projects must fit with all three of the Foundation's funding priorities:
- To support the creation, performance and promotion of outstanding new music in any genre - The Foundation is particularly interested in the quality of the music.
- To enable the UK’s most talented music creators to realise their potential - The Foundation is interested in how projects will develop the songwriters and composers involved and is committed to supporting UK-based songwriters and composers of all backgrounds.
- To inspire audiences - Applicants will be asked to outline who they are reaching and how. This includes audiences at a local, regional, national or international level.
Who can apply? Applications to the Open Fund for Organisations are accepted from any not-for-profit organisations based in the UK with an eligible project. (NB Bands and small musical groups are not considered organisations and should now apply as music creators.)
- Organisations that are limited by guarantee and/or a registered charity.
- Talent development or composer development organisations.
- Orchestras and large ensembles.
- Community interest companies (CICs).
- Non-music organisations including local authorities, museums, etc.
Eligible organisations can support one or more music creator(s). If the organisation's selected music creator(s) has received support in the last 12 months - whether directly as a music creator or indirectly via an organisation - the Foundation may prioritise other projects.
Grant amount: Up to £10,000.
Application process: Applications must be made via the online application form on the Foundation's website.
Deadline: 18 October 2021.
Contact information: Email email@example.com
Website address: prsfoundation.com