We recognise that community action continues to take place across the Borough in response to the pandemic. We value voluntary, community, faith-based and social enterprise sector organisations, mutual aid groups and individuals supporting communities through their action. We want to encourage and support this action.
We recognise the damage caused by the pandemic and have witnessed how the pandemic has deepened inequalities. We want to be part of repairing the damage to communities by supporting the voluntary community faith and social enterprise sector.
We recognise that the world has changed and that the voluntary community faith and social enterprise sector offer needs to flex to meet new needs and adapt to enrich and support communities in new ways. We want to help create the better future that communities deserve.
We welcome applications which address inequalities, support, enrich and develop communities. We are interested in applications which have priorities connected to:
- Food, particularly social eating projects
- Projects to support healthy activity
- Practical support and help in the community
- Digital projects and services
- Projects to address inequalities
- Economic support projects and services
- Communications to and with diverse cohorts of people
- Advice projects and services that help individuals
- Creative or learning projects which enrich communities, families or individuals lives
- Emotional wellbeing, support and therapeutic projects
- Practical reopening costs
- ‘Care Packages’ of essentials to help people and families (including hygiene products, cleaning products, and items to help keep people well, warm and healthy items)
- Projects responding to the climate emergency
- Bounce Back (Community Recovery Project)
Grant applicants will be offered development and partnership support and will be connected to our thematic collaboration networks. We can also help if you need volunteers or volunteer support. This support is offered weather or not you are successful with your funding application.
Amount: You can apply for a grant for either:
- Up to £200 (for individuals with a great community idea)
- Up to £5,000
Who can apply? Groups and organisations from the Voluntary, Community, Faith and Social Enterprise (VCFSE) sector. Mutual Aid groups (informal groups of neighbours or friends or people united around a cause, working together to help and be supported by their community) Individuals supporting communities.
If you have previously received an Action Together, Community Response Fund grant or Places of Worship and Multipurpose Community Venues reopening fund or Care Packages fund you CAN also apply for this fund. Please not we will only accept applications from organisations who have completed monitoring for previous funds received. If you have any queries about monitoring please email email@example.com
How to apply:
To apply for up to £200, please complete this application form.
To apply for up to £5,000, please complete this application form.
Please click here to see the Guidance Notes.
Please send all completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your application involves bringing people together then we require you to submit a Covid Risk Assessment. For further support and guidance to complete your Covid Risk Assessment, please click here.
We aim for funding decisions to be made within four weeks.