The Tameside Toy Appeal is back for 2023!
Many of the families living in our communities are facing hardship and living in poverty. Christmas is, as always, a difficult time of year for many families in Tameside, and the pressure to ensure their children wake up to presents on Christmas morning is huge. Recent research showed that more than a third of Tameside children are living in poverty. ‘Heat or Eat’ will be a real choice for so many families this winter and Christmas is something they simply can’t afford. So, it's back for 2023, the annual Tameside Toy Appeal and we need your help to reach those children living in poverty...your donation could make a difference this Christmas!
How can you help?
We need donations of new and unwrapped toys/gifts for children aged 0-18.
The appeal will run from Monday 13 November 2023 until Friday 15 December 2023 (which will be the last day we can accept donations). Just drop-off your gift at one of our dedicated drop-off locations!
Every gift donated to the Tameside Toy Appeal will be given to a child in Tameside whose family is experiencing poverty. In previous years this appeal has been incredibly successful and we have been able to donate so many toys and gifts to ensure that disadvantaged children in Tameside wake up to something under their tree on Christmas morning. Together, we can make great things happen again this Christmas!
Here are a few gift idea suggestions...
- 0-5 years : Sensory toys, books, building blocks, bath toys, play mats, teethers, dolls, cars, activity toys, fancy dress costumes, musical toys, puzzles
- 5-11 years : Colouring books and pencils, jigsaws, arts and craft kits, Play dough, Lego, science kits, remote control toys, sports games, board games, fidget toys
- 12-18 years : Stationery, cosmetic gift sets, headphones, watches, speakers, hot water bottles, make up, card games, snoodies
- All ages : Books, gloves, hats, pyjamas, scarves, slippers, socks
Alternatively, you can also make a monetary donation to our Just Giving page here: www.justgiving.com/campaign/tamesidetoyappeal2023
and the money we raise will be used to purchase gifts for the categories of children we have received the least donations for.
The Just Giving page will remain open for donations until Monday 18 December 2023.
You can take your donation(s) to any of the drop-off points across Tameside listed below who are kindly supporting this year's appeal. More dropoff points are being added daily, please keep checking for a location near to you:
- Active Tameside | Oxford Park, Pottinger Street. Ashton-under-Lyne OL7 0PW
- Age UK Tameside | 131 Katherine Street, Ashton OL6 7AW
- Asda Ashton | Cavendish Street, Ashton-under-Lyne OL6 7PF
- Ashton Library | Tameside One, Market Place, Ashton OL6 6BH
- Ashton Sixth Form College | Darnton Road, Ashton-under-Lyne OL6 9RL
- North Family Hub | St Peter’s Children Centre, Trafalgar Square, Ashton OL7 0LL
- Tameside One | Market Place, Ashton OL6 6BH
- Village Hotel Ashton | Pamir Drive, Ashton-under-Lyne OL7 0LY
- Wendy and Mandy's Café | Ashton-under-Lyne Indoor Market
- Yorkshire Building Society | 83 Old Sreet, Ashton-under-Lyne OL6 7RS
- Hawthorns School | Lumb Lane, Audenshaw, Manchester M34 5SF
- Sarah Connor By Mi Amour | 168 Audenshaw Road, Audenshaw, Manchester M34 5WN
- The Snipe Community Pub | 387 Manchester Road, Audenshaw M34 5RP
- Denton Library | Town Hall, Market Street, Denton M34 2AP
- Denton West End Community Library | Windsor Road, Denton, Manchester M34 2HB
- Nxt Gen Vapours | 78 Manchester Road, Denton, Manchester M34 3PR
- The Oasis Centre Haughton Green | 2 Tatton Road, Haughton Green, Denton M34 7PL
- Russell Scott Primary School | Clare Street, Denton, Manchester M34 3LQ
- Tameside Wellness Centre Denton | Lance Corporal Andrew Breeze Way, Denton M34 3RD
- Victoria Park Community Centre | Market Street, Denton M34 2AP
- Active Medlock | Gardenfold Way, Droylsden, Manchester M43 7XU
- Droylsden Library | Guardsman Tony Downes House, Manchester Road, Droylsden M43 6EP
- Greenside Primary School | Droylsden M43 7RA
- Laurus Ryecroft High School | Lumb Lane, Droylsden, Manchester M43 7LJ
- Cocoa Beach Tanning | 5 Concord Way, Dukinfield SK16 4DB
- Dukinfield Library | Concord Way, Dukinfield SK16 4DB
- Nxt Gen Vapours | 87 King Street, Dukinfield, Cheshire SK16 4NQ
- St Marys Catholic Primary School | Cheetham Hill Road, Dukinfield SK16 5LB
- The Together Centre | 287 Birch Lane, Dukinfield SK16 5AU
- McNaBarbers | 54 Henry Street, Glossop SK13 8BW
Hattersley Library | The Hub, Stockport Road, Hattersley SK14 6NT
- ABC Day Nursery | Onward Street, Hyde SK14 1HW
- Aqua Nurture | Knott Lane, Gee Cross, Hyde SK14 5BS
- Bennett Staff | 52 Market Street, Hyde, Cheshire SK14 1AH
- Forest Feet Outdoor Nursery | Lymefield Outdoor Learning Centre, Lower Market Street, Lymefield, Broadbottom, Hyde SK14 6AG
- Godley Community Primary Academy | St Johns Drive, Godley, Hyde SK14 2QB
- Hyde Library | Town Hall, Greenfield Street, Hyde SK14 1AL
- Hyde Central Methodist Church | Crook Street, Hyde, SK14 1NQ
- On the Move Property Boutique | 287 Stockport Road, Gee Cross, Hyde SK14 5RF
- Pop Café | Pop on the Square, 5-7a The Square, Hyde SK14 2QR
- Hattersley Hub | The Hub, Stockport Road, Hattersley, Mottram in Longdendale, Hyde SK14 6AF
Mossley Library | George Lawton Hall, Stamford Street, Mossley OL5 0HR
- Copley Academy | Huddersfield Road, Stalybridge SK15 3RR
- Reach Church | Kelvin Works, Huddersfield Road, Stalybridge SK15 3JL
- Stalybridge Library | Trinity Street, Stalybridge SK15 2BN
- St George's Church Stalybridge | Church Walk, Stalybridge SK15 1DL
- St Paul's Church Stalybridge | Huddersfield Road, Stalybridge SK15 2PT
- WC Dawson & Son | 18-20 Stamford Street, Stalybridge SK15 1JU
I need toys for my children.
If your family would like to receive support from this year's Tameside Toy Appeal please get in touch with your local Referral Agency who will complete a Nomination Form on your behalf and send to the nearest Children's Centre. Your Local Referral Agencies include; support workers, schools, doctors, housing associations, children's centres, social prescribing team, social worker and local community groups.
Please note, Action Together cannot accept nominations directly. We facilitate the appeal but do not make referrals - please contact a Referral Agency local to you as detailed above.
If you are a Referral Agency and require a nomination form please contact email@example.com
Private Tameside Toy Appeal 2023 Collections and Fundraising
If you would like to host a private Tameside Toy Appeal 2023 collection for your employees, volunteers, students, service users, etc please email Lisa Hannibal: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can arrange for one of our volunteer 'Toy Taxi' drivers to collect your donations and take them to the nearest Tameside Children's Centre.
Or, if your organisation/group/school plan to carry out some festive fundraising for this year's Appeal you can donate any money that you raise directly to our dedicated Just Giving page.
Important Additional Information
- Age appropriate gifts will be provided for children and young people aged between 0 and 18 years.
- It is our intention that every child or young person that is nominated will receive a toy or gift.
- The gifts will be delivered to local Children’s Centres and toys will be selected for nominated families.
- The Children’s Centres will then contact people to arrange a time for collection.