At #WednesdaysWeekly we invite guest speakers from local organisations, services, charities and voluntary groups to share updates and presentations on topics we think you'll want to know about. Sessions are online, on Wednesdays, and include an input followed by a Q&A or discussion on the topic.
#WednesdaysWeekly is open to anyone working to support and strengthen communities in Oldham, Rochdale or Tameside. The sessions are online and free to attend, you just need to register on the event page.
We record most #WednesdaysWeekly sessions so even if you miss one you can watch back on our YouTube channel.
We're always looking for speakers! If you'd like to host a #WednesdaysWeekly, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Oldham Cost-of-Living Crisis Series
We're working with colleagues across Oldham Partnership and Oldham VCFSE to deliver a #WednesdaysWeekly Cost-of-Living Crisis Series. Each week starting in October 2022 we've heard from a whole range of services and organisations who are providing support and help to residents to help them through the crisis. You can watch them all back on our #CostOfLivingCrisis Youtube playlist or by clicking on the individual links below, you can also book on the sessions coming up in the links below.
- Oldham Council Helpline, Welfare Rights, Support and Inclusion Team and Local Welfare Provision - Watch here
- Warm Homes Oldham - Watch here
- Oldham Job Centre Plus and DWP - Watch here
- Citizens Advice Oldham - Watch here
- Oldham Foodbank - Watch here
- Tameside, Oldham and Glossop Mind - Watch here
- Oldham Council Early Help and Positive Steps Early Intervention and Prevention Service - Watch here
- Turning Point Oldham - Watch here
- Oldham Family Information Service - Watch here
- The Anchora Project - Watch here
- Oldham Council - Support and Inclusion Team (SIT) - Watch here
- HAF (Oldham Holiday and Food Programme) - Watch here
- Support Action Womens Network (SAWN) - Watch here
- Age UK Oldham - Watch here
- Social Prescribing in Oldham - Watch here
- Housing Options - Watch here
- Cost of Living Support from Oldham Libraries - Watch here
- Rough Sleeping and Accommodation Options - Watch here
- The Role of The IDVA and The Types of Domestic Abuse - Watch here
- Responding To A Disclosure of Domestic Abuse - Watch here
- Domestic Abuse Legislation and Key Messages - Watch here
- Safety Planning For Victims of Domestic Abuse - Watch here
- Digital Dive - Watch here
Click the links below to view recent past #WednesdaysWeekly sessions or browse them all on our #WednesdaysWeekly YouTube playlist.
- Access to healthcare for disabled and neurodiverse children and young people
- Alcohol Awareness Week
- United Utilities - Support Schemes
- All about Qwell - Mental Wellbeing Themed Workshop for Volunteers
- Rochdale and Oldham Maternity Voices Partnership
- Citizens Advice Good Help
- Rochdale Climate Change Strategy and Action Plan
- Rochdale Borough Warm Spaces
- Holiday Activity and Food Programme - Rochdale
- Responding to the cost of living crisis - Rochdale
- Discover Kooth and Qwell mental health platforms
- Learning to Excel: Microsoft Excel for Beginners
Virtual Facilitation Toolkit!
In this series of #WednesdaysWeekly sessions, Action Together shared some of the platforms and methods in our virtual facilitation toolkit which help make meetings more engaging and collaborative. Each week we explored a different free virtual tool, when and how it can be useful in meetings or workshops, and gave attendees a chance to try it out and ask questions. To catch up on The Virtual Facilitation Toolbox sessions, you can find the links for each session and some useful resources here.
Other events and training
You can find other events and training by checking our events and training page, and please register if you are interested in attending!
We're keen to see a range of different presesnters and topics to keep Oldham, Rochdale and Tameside VCFSE organisations informed and inspired. Do you have a service update, training or hot topic you'd like to tell our Oldham, Rochdale or Tameside members about? Please get in touch at email@example.com or 0161 339 2345 to book your session.
Don’t forget to share your experiences on our social media by using the hashtag #WednesdaysWeekly and tagging @WeActTogether.