Social Group Volunteer - Henshaws Society for the Blind
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this organisation. E.G Monday morning.
Henshaws is a northern charity supporting people living with sight loss and a range of other disabilities to go beyond expectations.
We believe that, wherever they are, everyone has the right to an independent and fulfilling life. Our support, advice and training enable people and their families build skills, develop confidence, help each other, and look forward to a more positive future.
This is a key position supporting groups of people with visual impairments and other disabilities.
The role includes:
Guide service users as required at meetings and on occasional lunches/trips out.
• To assist with refreshments.
• To encourage social interaction between group members.
• To assist with fundraising activities as required.
Facilitate a coffee afternoon Tuesday 11am to 1pm once a month in the Community.
• A flexible and positive approach.
• Adaptability to the role’s requirements.
• Personable when speaking with members of the public, staff, and other volunteers.
• Friendly and sociable nature.
• Understanding of and empathy with visually impaired people.
• Being sensitive to providing support within a care environment.
Support you will receive from Henshaws, and your involvement in our organisation includes:
• Regular contact with the manager responsible for the area with which you will volunteer.
• You will gain valuable experience and understanding of the services Henshaws offers.
• You will be part of the work of a highly regarded UK charity.
• We will reimburse reasonable expenses.
• Full training and supervision will be given as appropriate for the volunteering role.
• Volunteers are invited to attend Henshaws events which include other areas of our work.
• We ask all our volunteers to follow Henshaws policies and procedures.
• We will need you to complete documentation relating to the role