Aims/priorities: The Greater Manchester Health & Social Care Partnership is pleased to be able to offer a funded development opportunity for 10 Perinatal & Parent-Infant Mental Health (PIMH) Champions from VCSE groups across the city-region. This work is aimed at increasing the knowledge of perinatal and parent-infant mental health in voluntary and community organisations that work specifically with diverse communities including BAME communities and LGBTQI+ communities. This is to fund a specific person in that role and not for example to give a grant to the organisation for something like running costs.
Funding of £7,500 per organisation will be provided for each Champion. Over 12 months, Champions will learn about Perinatal & PIMH in order to develop their own organisation’s awareness and understanding of this area. Champions will:
- Attend a four-day introductory training course (delivered over 4 weeks) in perinatal and parent infant mental health.
- Learn about local services involved in the GM whole system approach to perinatal and PIMH.
- Form a new GM Perinatal & PIMH Champions Network that will meet monthly to share experiences, to continue to learn from each other, to learn from health colleagues from across the GM perinatal & PIMH system.
- Learn from local and national groups working in the area of PIMH and health inequalities.
- Develop relationships with local Maternity Voice Partnerships.
All of this will:
- Enable Champions’ organisations to identify perinatal and parent-infant mental health concerns in families they work with.
- Be able to support and signpost families to GM services as appropriate.
- Help VCSE organisations to ‘keep baby in mind’ when supporting parents.
Who can apply? Greater Manchester VCSE groups.
Grant amount: Up to £7,500.
Deadline: Monday 26 April 2021.
Contact information: Email email@example.com
Website address: www.gmcvo.org.uk