Aims/priorities: We are a grant making foundation giving grants to small and medium sized local organisations in the UK with a demonstrable track record of success working to address local issues in communities of extreme urban deprivation and deprived rural districts. Trusthouse’s mission is to improve vulnerable lives in disadvantaged communities of the UK. The foundation seeks to identify and support charitable initiatives that:
- Strengthen local communities – by empowering local people, bridging divides, building neighbourhood connection, encouraging community participation, and fostering inclusion
- Address causes of deprivation
- Create opportunity for disadvantaged individuals
- Champion small to medium-sized charities – by supporting grassroots, community-based charities and voluntary organisations in the UK, with frontline experience of service delivery for vulnerable individuals.
You can apply if:
- Your organisation’s postcode falls within the following on the Indices of Multiple Deprivation - if you are located in an urban area, you must be in the bottom 15% most deprived area, or if you are located in a rural area, you must be in the bottom 50% most deprived areas
- Your project has a focus on community support
- Your annual income does not exceed £250,000
- You can secure 50% of the total project costs
- You can supply your most recent annual accounts
- You can start spending our grant within 1-2 months of receipt
- You are embedded in your local community
You cannot apply for more than 50% of the total cost of the project/salary/core running costs. They do not fund capital projects. You can only apply for one grant at a time i.e. you cannot apply for two different costs at the same time, whether to the same or different grants programmes. They expect beneficiaries of grants for salaries, core costs, running or project costs to start spending the grant we make within one to two months of the award being made. Please therefore do not apply too far in advance of the time when you need the funding, as your application is very likely to be unsuccessful.
Who can apply? Trusthouse gives grants for running costs to charities and not-for-profit organisations in accordance with criteria that are regularly reviewed and decided by the Trustees. Their preference is for front line organisations working directly with people in need. They do not support campaigning, organisational development or capacity building. They will consider new work if it is a logical extension of existing work, but do not support work which represents a significant shift away from your existing core aims and experience.
Grant amount: Between £2,000 and £10,000 for core costs, salaries, running and project costs.
Application process: Applications can be made via the funders website. You will need to take an eligibility quiz and they strongly advise you to read their Small Grants Funding Guidelines before proceeding to complete the eligibility quiz.
Deadline: Continuous rolling programme.
Contact information: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Website address: Trusthouse Charitable Foundation