Aims/priorities: The funding is intended to support suicide prevention VCSE organisations and groups to meet the increased need or demand for services, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, and enhance service provision, with a particular focus on high-risk groups.
High-risk groups are defined in the latest progress report of the National Suicide Prevention Strategy as those who were already at a higher risk of suicide, as well as those for whom there is particular concern in the context of the pandemic.
- Middle-aged men
- Children and young people
- People in contact with mental health services
- People who self-harm
- People who are economically vulnerable
- NHS and social care staff
- People in contact with the criminal justice system
- People who were disproportionately impacted by the pandemic
- Ethnic minorities.
Grant amount: Organisations can apply for the lower of either:
- The value of eligible activities from April 2021 to March 2022. The funds can be backdated to cover activities from April 2021.
- 25% of annual income.
The maximum grant available to micro-organisations and groups is £5,000 (this is from the ring-fenced pot of money).
Application process: click here for application information.
Deadline: Thursday 16 January, 5pm
1 Embankment Place
Tel: 0113 289 4424