Aims/priorities: Grants for organisations working with heritage to adapt and respond to the changing environment they are now operating in due to the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis. The funding is intended to help the UK’s heritage sector respond to the impacts of coronavirus/COVID-19 and to adapt and thrive again. This funding is designed to focus on organisational resilience or on projects that deliver inclusion in heritage. The mandatory outcome must be achieved in all projects:
- A wider range of people will be involved in heritage (mandatory).
- The funded organisation will be more resilient.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Boost the local economy
- Provide job creation and encourage skills development
- Support local health and wellbeing
- Encourage rebuilding community cohesion
Project partners must demonstrate that they are building long-term environmental sustainability and inclusion into their plans.
The National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF) has announced a phased reopening of project funding will begin in late November 2020.
- 25 November 2020: Phase 1 applications for grants from £3,000-£10,000 and £10,000-£100,000 will be accepted. This will provide some much-needed financial assistance, particularly to those heritage sector organisations who have, so far, been unable to access COVID-19 emergency funds. NLHF will be looking for projects with a particular emphasis on organisational resilience and inclusion.
- 8 February 2021: Phase 2 applications for grants from £100,000-£250,000 and £250,000-£5 million will be accepted. This will mark a return to NLHF’s core business, but NLHF will not be returning to pre-COVID-19 “business as usual” in its approach.
Who can apply? Applications will be accepted from:
- Not-for-profit organisations, local authorities, public sector organisations or private owners of heritage needing to access support for adaptation and greater resilience. Or, partnerships led by any of these organisations/owners.
- Organisations or partnerships leading inclusion focused projects led by and/or engaging diverse groups (such as young people, minority ethnic and LGBT+ communities, disabled people and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds). This includes organisations that own, manage or care for heritage, or organisations which deliver activity that engages and connects people with heritage. Applications are welcome from community groups that are not heritage-based but can deliver heritage focused activity and have not previously received a grant from The National Lottery Heritage Fund.
Grant amount: Phase one offers two levels of funding:
- Grants from £3,000 to £10,000
- Grants from £10,000 to £100,000
Application process: Application notes and good practice guidance for all levels of funding can be found on the NLHF website.
Deadline: Not specified
Contact information: Customer Services Team - Tel 020 7591 6044, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Website address: www.heritagefund.org.uk