Aims/priorities: Funding is intended to support projects which go beyond simply celebrating, and create lasting change for communities in line with the NLCF's three priority areas:
- Across Generations - Strengthening relationships between generations and creating a legacy for future generations.
- Community Renewal - Supporting new opportunities for people to develop skills and experiences in their local community, as well as opportunities to bring people together in new ways, and in new or different places and spaces.
- Shared Natural World - Deepening care and action locally for the natural world.
Who can apply? The following types of organisations in the UK may apply:
- Voluntary or community organisations.
- Registered charities.
- Constituted groups or clubs.
- Not-for-profit companies or Community Interest Companies.
- Statutory bodies (including town, parish, community councils or local councils).
Applicants must have:
- A UK bank account with two unrelated signatories.
- A board or committee consisting of at least two unconnected people.
- Appropriate safeguarding measures in place.
The means to ensure that projects are addressing any potential barriers for people to take part, including communities experiencing ethnic or racial inequity, disabled people, Travellers, LGBTQ+ people, and people who are seeking asylum or are refugees.
- Priority will be given to groups which:
- Have not received NLCF funding before.
- Do not have a current NLCF award.
- Are smaller or medium-sized organisations with an annual turnover of under £100,000, or can demonstrate that they have significant reach into communities and are able to engage a large number of people to get involved.
- Work in communities where there is a history of fewer funding opportunities.
- Work in areas where communities face more challenging economic circumstances.
Grant amount: Grants of £30,000 to £50,000 are available.
Application process: Full guidelines and an online application form are available on the NLCF website.
Deadline: 15 December 2021 (17:00) or once 700 applications are received, whichever comes first.
Contact information: Tel: 0345 4102 030, Email: email@example.com
Website address: tnlcommunityfund.org.uk