Aims/priorities: The UK Community Tree Planting Programme supports projects that engage communities in planting and caring for native species of trees.
The Programme supports community projects that will:
- Conserve, restore and protect indigenous trees and woodlands, forests, habitats and associated biodiversity.
- Support community engagement in tree planting to promote reforestation and to increase awareness of the importance of trees and forests to environmental and human well-being.
- Encourage social cohesion and inclusion.
The funding is for costs that directly relate to new tree planting projects that take place on land in which the general public can visit.
In addition, the project must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Engage children and young adults in tree planting and learning about trees.
- Engage vulnerable groups and groups with low access to woodlands.
- Conserve existing ancient trees and indigenous woodlands as well as new planting.
- Create biodiversity habitat.
- Conserve soil and water.
- Demonstrate new approaches such as agroforestry.
- Support rewilding and natural regeneration.
- Support work or research on tree pest and disease resistance and climate change. adaptation.
- Support urban tree planting.
Who can apply? Applications to this round will be accepted from organisations that are community-based, such as a school, community group or non-governmental organisation.
To be eligible, applicants must have:
- Signed permission from the owner or manager of the land indicating that their project meets legal requirements.
- A bank account in the organisation's name.
Grant amount: There are two tiers of funding available:
- Grants of up to £1,000 are available for projects of up to one year.
- Grants of up to £6,000 are available for large-scale projects planting between 1,000 and 5,000 trees.
Application process: Guidance notes and an application pack can be found on the International Tree Foundation's website.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is 16 December 2021.
Contact Information: Tel: 01865 922 430 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website address: https://internationaltreefoundation.org/