Expression of Interest for Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise Sector representative on the Greater Manchester Planning and Housing Commission
Greater Manchester Combined Authority and the GM VCSE Leadership Group are seeking one individual to represent the VCSE sector on the Greater Manchester Planning and Housing Commission and are looking for someone who meets the following:
- You are senior leader from the sector with an active interest and involvement in planning and housing issues
- You are knowledgeable about planning and housing, and in particular the GM agenda around this issue
- You will be committed to supporting the broader VCSE sector beyond your own organisational interests
- You will be willing to make yourself accountable to the wider VCSE sector by reporting to the GM VCSE Leadership Group and GMCVO. You will be supported to inform and consult with relevant peers and colleagues, and might be asked to provide written updates or speak at events
- You will be in a position to actively and accurately champion and represent VCSE issues at Commission meetings
To find out more about what being a VCSE Board Representative means, what are you committing yourself to do, how will you benefit from, being a representative and how will you be supported as a representative please refer to the VCSE Board Representative Brief and Feedback Form.
The role and Terms of Reference for this Board are described in Appendix 1 of the Expression of Interest form and an Overview of Planning and Housing Commission policy areas are contained in the Appendix 2 document (both attached).
If you are interested in becoming the VCSE Representative click here to read and complete the Expression of Interest form by 5pm on Friday 13 December 2019. The successful candidate will be contacted on/after Friday 20 December 2019.