Aims/priorities: In response to coronavirus/COVID-19, the Foundation has created the Feeding Communities Grant scheme. The funding is to be used to provide meals for those in need in the run up to Christmas. This includes individuals, families, meals at children's healthy holiday clubs. The grants can support the following:
- Food parcel for a family/individual
- Christmas Hamper (food only)
- School Holiday Clubs (food only)
- Soup kitchen/homeless centre (food only)
- Christmas meal deliver or collection
- Local Community Centre providing meal deliveries
Who can apply? Applications are accepted from not-for-profit registered charities, registered not-for-profit companies, community interest companies and unincorporated clubs or associations in the UK.
Grant amount: Grants of up to £1,000 are available.
Application process: The Foundation does not accept applications directly. Applications are made through the applicant's local Asda store's Community Champion, whose role is to support projects within the community.
Deadline: 6 December 2020
Website address: www.asdafoundation.org/how-to-apply