To work as part of a team and help raise funds for the hospice by assisting in the sales of donated goods
Start date: 19th December 2016
End date: 30th November 2022
When can volunteers volunteer? Weekly
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this organisation. E.G Monday morning.
| Tasks the volunteer will be required to do:
• Sorting donated items ready for sale.
• Steaming items ready for sale.
• To price donated items under the guidance of the shop manager & our pricing guides
• To assist in the preparation of donated goods for the shop floor
• To assist in the general display of goods in the shops and shop windows.
• To help raise funds for the Hospice by assisting in the sales of donated goods.
• To assist with the general housekeeping of the shop and staff areas
• To ensure that the shop is tidy and presentable throughout your shift.
• To provide a courteous and helpful service to our customers.
• Taking payments using a computerised till and credit card machine.
• To support with the training of new volunteers (once you are fully trained)
• To bring to the attention of the Manager any concerns with may affect the safe and successful running of the shop.
• Good communication skills
• Friendly and able to work as part of a team.
• Basic numeracy skills are essential for those wishing to be working on a till.
Skill and Qualifications Required:
To provide a courteous and helpful service to our customers
Good communication skills
Friendly and able to work as part of a team
Basic numeracy skills are essential for those wishing to work on a till
Areas of Interest: Community, Community centre, Customer Services, Health and wellbeing, Hospices, Older people, Retail, Social care
Opportunity suitable for: Indoor, Long term commitment, Older people, People seeking work
What activities will the volunteer do? Customer Services, DIY/odd jobs, Lending a helping hand, Retail
Skills gained in this role: Cleaning and tidying, Organising, Talking to others, Teamwork
Home based opportunity? No
DBS Check Required: No
About the host organisation
Hosted by: Willow Wood Hospice
Organisation Profile: Willow Wood Hospice is an adult Hospice providing specialist palliative care for patients with life limiting illness, both cancer and non-cancer diagnosis.
We provide care, free of charge, and patients, families and their carers are at the centre of everything we do. Our mission is to continue to provide, free of charge, the highest quality supportive and end of life care to patients with life limiting illness, along with love, care and support to the families and carers during illness and continuing bereavement.
Love and care for patients, families and carers.
Respect For People in life, and at the end of life.
Integrity being open and honest.
Collaboration By people working together.
Development By sharing knowledge and skills, for the benefit of all.
Charity number: 1029318