Volunteer Independent Advocate
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this organisation. E.G Monday morning.
• The Volunteer Independent Advocate will manage a Non Statutory Advocacy referral.
• The VIA will speak to the person referring to the service.
• The VIA will arrange to meet with the person at an Advocacy Session or in a public place.
• The VIA support the person to identify a goal that they wish to reach and will follow the Advocacy Charter to engage with the person during their journey.
• The VIA will not meet any person without the knowledge of the Volunteer Coordinator.
• Substantial skills, expertise and qualification at IAQ level for Independent Advocacy.
• The ability to manage cases independently
• Able to evidence understanding and commitment to the Advocacy Charter
• Consistent in availability on a weekly basis to case manage
• Access training that is suitable to the role under the supervision of the Volunteer Coordinator
• Regular feedback with the Volunteer Coordinator regarding case work
• IT skills required. Word and Excel.