To provide reception and admin support within a busy children & families centre.
When can volunteers volunteer? Weekly
This grid shows when you can volunteer for this organisation. E.G Monday morning.
| Tasks the volunteer will be required to do:
Benefits to the Volunteer
• Quality work experience
• A good step into training, education or employment
• Make new friends and meet new people
• Increase skills, knowledge and confidence
• Work within a committed team
• Reference available
• Travel expenses
Estimated hours: 3 – 15 hours per week.
Description of the activities you will experience:
• Meet and greet children, adults and all visitors to the centre.
• Answer the telephone and take messages
• Help set up and tidy meeting rooms
• Prepare and serve refreshments
• Organise resources
• Help to keep the Reception / communal areas tidy and welcoming
Skill and Qualifications Required:
Personal Skills and Qualities required
• To be committed and reliable
• To enjoy working with and helping people
• To be able to listen and talk with people
• To be friendly whilst being professional
• To be patient
• Good IT Skills
• To be willing to attend relevant training To be able to work as part of a team
• To comply with relevant Health and Safety Policies and Procedures including Safeguarding Children.
• To maintain and respect confidentiality at all times
• To adhere to our Covid-19 safety measures and government legislation
Areas of Interest: Children, Community, Community centre, Families, Health and wellbeing, Mental Health, Older people, Social Welfare, Women, Young people
Opportunity suitable for: Indoor, Long term commitment, Older people, People seeking work, People with restricted mobility
What activities will the volunteer do? Administration, Customer Services, IT, Lending a helping hand, Reception
Skills gained in this role: Listening, Organising, Talking to others, Teamwork
Home based opportunity? No
DBS Check Required: Yes
Opportunity Accessibility: Clearly marked accessible parking spaces, Step free access clearly signposted into the building, Automatic opening doors, Accessible toilets
About the host organisation
Hosted by: The Leap Centre
Organisation Profile: Leap provides charitable services for children & families. We have an onsite Pre-School, Family Contact Services, Creche & Early Learning Provision. We have Greenscape which is a grounds maintenance service which provides adult daycare & as a Social Enterprise supports the charitable work of the organisation. We have volunteer opportunities for Reading mentor, Greenscape operatives, To work with children/families and reception/admin.
Charity number: 1099806