This grid shows when you can volunteer for this organisation. E.G Monday morning.
As an RCT Mentor it is expected you will follow the guidelines set out below:
• establishing a relationship of trust and respect with the young person (mentee)
• establish clear boundaries with the young person
• agreeing a mentor/mentee contract to determine what will be covered in sessions (including confidentiality issues)
• encouraging young people to talk about issues they feel they cannot normally share with others;
• ensuring safety for the young person
• referring young people to other sources of help, as appropriate;
• liaising, as necessary, with other agencies and individuals to help make changes based on the issues raised by the young person; though generally this is led by the coordinator or development worker
• working to agreed targets and goals in relation to the young person’s outcome star
• challenge any anti-social or discriminatory behaviour and language
• attending regular one to ones with the responsible coordinator and attending 6 weekly group meetings to discuss any issues or concerns
• keep the young person’s information and disclosures confidential sharing only with the coordinator and development worker
• updating coordinator/admin of your available times
• ensuring you have agreed a meeting time and date with the young person and letting them know in advance if you need to cancel
• abiding by RCT office policies and procedures
• keeping weekly logs of your meetings with a young person and handing the logs in monthly to the coordinator
• keeping young people’s records safe and confidential
• Keeping reporting tools such as weekly monitoring sheets and feedback sheets
Volunteers do not need to have previous experience as full training will be given. We are looking for people aged 21 and over (including mature adults) of all backgrounds and ethnicities.
All you require are two references and a DBS check and a minimum of 2 hours availability per week.
We are looking for people who are enthusiastic and are willing to get involved. Mentoring requires no previous experience as full training will be provided for FREE!